Aristocraft Wooden Caboose - How do you get in?

electricity_bill

Registered
11 Feb 2010
Best answers
Country flag
Hello
Just bought one of these and I need to get inside to sort out the lighting. I have removed the truck and the four screws in the base but I still cannot see how to get inside. I do not want to risk breakage by prising things apart without knowing what I am doing. Can anyone help please?
Bill

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
Hello
Just bought one of these and I need to get inside to sort out the lighting. I have removed the truck and the four screws in the base but I still cannot see how to get inside. I do not want to risk breakage by prising things apart without knowing what I am doing. Can anyone help please?
Bill
Pull the roof off.

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Just pull the cord...

chainsaw-006.jpg
>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Seriously, looking at the photos I agree with Minimans. It definitely looks as though the roof is clipped in place. I would suggest sliding your fingernails along the side overhangs of the roof to see if there are clips (LGB's standard method) and if that fails try using a small screwdriver which can reach further to try again. If you find clips which refuse to pop open using finger or small screwdriver pressure I strongly suggest using two medium screwdrivers, use one to lever the clip and the other to hold the gap open then slip the first screwdriver in further etc until the clip pops open.
Oh, hang on, it could be glued on. Quick, before the mods spot it, read this:
http://www.aristocraftforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10284

Last edited:

electricity_bill

Registered
11 Feb 2010
Best answers
Country flag
Bottled out trying to get the roof off. Too easy to damage it. Thanks for your help guys.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Bottled out trying to get the roof off. Too easy to damage it. Thanks for your help guys.
That link that Cap'n Pugwash showed said that the caboose cupola would come off as it was only clipped in, and would give access to the wiring.

If all else fails, call Michael Caine :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

article-2145077-131C03CF000005DC-433_634x324.jpg