Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
I wonder if you could remove them and take them to someone to re-plated them.
It may be best to prepare them first yourself if you have the abilities. I'm not too sure if someone more akin to automotive bumper bars should have anything to do with keeping them true. :think:
I think they may have to be taken back to clean metal then first plated with copper prior to chrome/nickel plating. I'm not exactly sure.

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
I wonder if you could remove them and take them to someone to re-plated them.
It may be best to prepare them first yourself if you have the abilities. I'm not too sure if someone more akin to automotive bumper bars should have anything to do with keeping them true. :think:
I think they may have to be taken back to clean metal then first plated with copper prior to chrome/nickel plating. I'm not exactly sure.
Still sounds a lot more expensive than buying one of the latest Bachmann Eggliner power trucks.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
So, NWSL did make replacements at one time, I liked the nickel silver wheels (I have stainless rail, slippery), but the new owners said they cannot get NS anymore, so you can probably get stainless steel replacements, but expensive.

A word of caution (from recent experience), you should send in your motor blocks and tell them the back to back gauge you want... took a friend 3 tries to get this right...

The problem is that they are steel, and when the cheap plating goes, you have the wheels rust.

I assume you are track power.... otherwise the rust would give you more traction ha ha...

If it was me, I would contact NWSL if you are here in the states, and also possibly investigate getting them hard nickel plated at a local plating shop, ask a local gunsmith where he gets his guns plated.

I have some spares but with traction tires, which I do not recommend.

Greg