Aristocraft Streamline Coaches - Dimensions pleas!

Zman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
On a hillside in Morley, overlooking Leeds!
Best answers
I'd appreciate it if anyone who runs Aristocraft streamline coaches could let me know;

[1] overall body dimesions

[2] ride height on track

Thanks ;)

Nigel

G Scale Railways and 0-N30 Railways
18 May 2010
Seaham Co Durham
Best answers
I have had a look at the Aristocraft web site http://www.aristocraft.com/ < Link To www.aristocraft.com and found that the overall length is quoted as 27and a half inches or 699 mm. There are no other dimensions listed but did find that the minimum curve should be 8ft diameter but 10ft is better. The overall height wiil depend on the coach as they do have a dome observation coach in this range.
Aristocraft do have a technical help section on the web site so you may be able to get some help with your questions from them.
The original coaches were built by a company called Edward G Budd of Pennsylvania in 1937 if this is any help.
If you want any more help let me know.

Nigel

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
hi mate....

try to ask funandtrains,richie or breavercreek....they mite help u..good luck zman...
wow u got streamliner coaches?.......any photos of them? coz i mite get one soon......

Westcott

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Apperley, Glos
www.the-wests.com
Best answers
It's nice out now, so I got one of mine out today to measure it.

Length between couplers: 73cm.
Width: 10.5
Height above rail top: 15.5

Unmodified cars ride very high, and too far apart.
Couplers can easily be remounted further back.
Lowering the car is a bit more interesting.
One way is to slide the floor out, and slide it back in one groove higher.

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Hi Zman
I don't have any Aristo Streamlinners but i think the new ones out are lowered to match the latest lowered FA locos i remember reading about them on their web site .