Aristocraft Live Steam Mikado - Replacement for faulty Throttle Servo?

newboydave

G scale trains - no surprise there then!</br></br>
24 Oct 2009
Sale, Cheshire, UK.
Best answers
Country flag
It's fifteen years old now at least, and to date it's been fine ( just ran it again after two years in 'storage' ). Now the throttle servo and the pressure gauge have stopped working. I can still run it manually, but has anyone ever replaced these items or know of a supplier who may still have these ancient items still available? If possible, I would like to replace with 'like for like' items rather than risk modifying other standard servos or pressure gauges. Guess I am looking for the perfect solution.

Steen Rudberg

Registered
5 Apr 2016
Helsingør
www.5inch.dk
Best answers
Country flag

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
Contact Graham Langer at Accucraft UK. They act as agents for the US part of that brand in the UK. They will put you in touch with one of their service agents that are local to you. RC kit fitted on Accucraft products are proprietary components, nothing special. The agent will be able to asses and fix your loco and suggest any recommissioning work if necessary. I have a K-28 and C-19 in live steam format from that maker. I think most RC installations on these will have been effected by either a local distributor/agent or the owner. They are not sold with "factory fitted" RC systems like Roundhouse and Accucraft UK.

If you need a new pressure gauge, it might just be gunked up with old steam oil so could be cleared, make sure the threaded connection matches up to the US spec. Any servo will need to be calibrated for the correct throw for the K-27's regulator. My K-28 has a Delrin chain operated linkage from a servo to operate its regulator. Max

Last edited:

newboydave

24 Oct 2009
Sale, Cheshire, UK.
Best answers
Country flag
Contact Graham Langer at Accucraft UK. They act as agents for the US part of that brand in the UK. They will put you in touch with one of their service agents that are local to you. RC kit fitted on Accucraft products are proprietary components, nothing special. The agent will be able to asses and fix your loco and suggest any recommissioning work if necessary. I have a K-28 and C-19 in live steam format from that maker. I think most RC installations on these will have been effected by either a local distributor/agent or the owner. They are not sold with "factory fitted" RC systems like Roundhouse and Accucraft UK.

If you need a new pressure gauge, it might just be gunked up with old steam oil so could be cleared, make sure the threaded connection matches up to the US spec. Any servo will need to be calibrated for the correct throw for the K-27's regulator. My K-28 has a Delrin chain operated linkage from a servo to operate its regulator. Max
Thanks for the info and suggestions - however I think you have misunderstood my query, it's about an Aristocraft model, (long ago out of business) not an Accucraft model.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Questions on this loco might be better directed at the live steam forums on the US sites, where the live steam ARISTO CRAFT loco is common.

MyLargeScale.com is one..... the old Aristo forum is still around, but not a lot of people on it any more.

Greg

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the info and suggestions - however I think you have misunderstood my query, it's about an Aristocraft model, (long ago out of business) not an Accucraft model.
Oops! Sorry! Misread Aristocraft and just went straight to Mikado

newboydave

24 Oct 2009
Sale, Cheshire, UK.
Best answers
Country flag

newboydave

24 Oct 2009
Sale, Cheshire, UK.
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, you have to JOIN to post... Same thing for MLS or LSC, or here...
Yep I realise that, and I have been a member for many, many years (some of my threads are still on there), but have not used it recently. Anyhow, guess what, I hit it with a hammer, and now its working!! No I'm joking, but it is now working for some unknown reason, for which I am more than a little grateful. And I removed the pressure gauge, put it in some hot water with a little white vinegar, and that's working too - Yipee!!.