Aristo Goose

Eaglecliff

Registered
19 Jul 2010
Derby, England
Best answers
Country flag
Following a sudden and uncharacteristic silence from the above, I opened up the lid to discover an RGS Goose-dedicated Soundtraxx module, number 312023, from 2006. It also says "Rev C." One of the two blue-black wires had become disconnected. The remaining wire is connected to terminal 8, so I connected the offending wire to no.7. Powering up produced the sound of the diesel motor starting up, running, then slowing down and stopping. I might be wrong but this seemed to be a programmed halt rather than me losing contact between wire and pick-up wheel. It wasn't immediately obvious whether I should have chosen a different terminal; No.3. seems to have a more prominent pcb pathway leading off, but several of the terminal screws were loose as though a wire could have come from any of them. The Soundtraxx website is unhelpful - no picture of the module and so far I haven't found one via Google.
Anyone know with confidence which is the correct terminal???

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
Terminals seven and eight are indeed the track power connections.
Terminal three, together with one and two are used for a remote volume/programming facility.
I have the steam version of the manual as a pdf version on my computer. The diesel version has the same connections but some of the programmable tweaks differ. I hope to have a copy of the diesel version on loan at Walesby next Sunday if you'll be there.

Eaglecliff

Registered
19 Jul 2010
Derby, England
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks, folks.
Neil, I'll be at Walesby if I can walk by Sunday...