Anyone sent a lgb loco back to the hobby company?

Topogardenmike

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Further to my track cleaner going us.

Spoke with Geremy at Dragon and he thinks there is a two year warranty on Marklin LGB. Can anyone confirm this. If so I have to send it back to the hobbycompany who I have spoken to and they seem pretty helpful. Has anyone had any experience of sending things back to the hobby company?

Mike

bunnyrabbit03

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Wiltshire
Best answers
Topogardenmike said:
Further to my track cleaner going us.

Spoke with Geremy at Dragon and he thinks there is a two year warranty on Marklin LGB. Can anyone confirm this. If so I have to send it back to the hobbycompany who I have spoken to and they seem pretty helpful. Has anyone had any experience of sending things back to the hobby company?

Mike

Yes, I know (as should Jeremy as the retailer) that there is a 2 year warranty on LGB (it also states this on the instruction booklet that comes with any new loco), but I have not had to send anything back to the Hobby Company yet.

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
Yes I HAVE sent items back to the HC

One was a faulty DECODER,, the other was an MTS3 Central station

After 3 months of pestering them I asked them to return the DECODER
to me which I tehn sent to Massoth direct who sent me a new one in 2 weeks!

The Central station was replaced in around 5 weeks however there have been stories of some waiting a long time for action from the HC

Apparently the repairs & assesments of faulty items are carried out by a retailer Who I will not name others may wish to.......He only visits the HC I think fortnightly for 1 day only ??..... please correct me if I am incorrec....... so things dont happen quickly.

With reference to the 2 yr guarantee, what does the instruction pamphlets say?

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
If you brought the loco (TCL) from a retailer, I understand that it is their responsibilty to repair or replace the loco. Any repair should be done within 28 days or you will be entitled to a refund....

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Gizzy said:
If you brought the loco (TCL) from a retailer, I understand that it is their responsibilty to repair or replace the loco. Any repair should be done within 28 days or you will be entitled to a refund....
That is entirely correct,,,,,BUT apparently THC have requested that retailers ask customers to forward items to them directly,which I perceive as being done to reduce delays in attention and Double handling & shipping costs which is an issue with LARGE items,

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
stevelewis said:
Apparently the repairs & assesments of faulty items are carried out by a retailer Who I will not name others may wish to.......He only visits the HC I think fortnightly for 1 day only ??..... please correct me if I am incorrec....... so things dont happen quickly.

They repared my Heidi pretty quick but it was out of warrantly and I was paying. You have to Chalk :impatient: that one up to experience!!!!!!!!.

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
stockers said:
stevelewis said:

They repared my Heidi pretty quick but it was out of warrantly and I was paying. You have to>>>> Chalk <<<<<:impatient: that one up to experience!!!!!!!!.

AHA, Nice one Alan:cool:

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
stevelewis said:
Gizzy said:
That is entirely correct,,,,,BUT apparently THC have requested that retailers ask customers to forward items to them directly,which I perceive as being done to reduce delays in attention and Double handling & shipping costs which is an issue with LARGE items,

I would still go via the retailer that I brought the loco from and let them do all the leg work.

Your contract is with that retailer after all.

I once got a Samsung monitor repaired by the manufacturer, but I had problems getting it done. A repalacement monitor did not work on arrival and I was without the monitor for 56 days.

I would have been better of going to PC World and getting it replaced by them....

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
One of the big snags with our sort of goods ( Railways) is the retailer doesnt always have any stock to replace faulty items with not does he have the repair facilities.

Just to confirm something I do feel that the hobby co's arrangement is simply a time saving, convenience for all concerned and to avoiad extra expense, when I returned my 2 items I did not sent copy receipts just a note of who sold them, they cantactacted the said retailer to gain confirmation.

Topogardenmike

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the info guys.

I will try the hobby company and see how I get on

Regards

Mike

Topogardenmike

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Re:Anyone sent a lgb loco back to the hobby company? The story concludes!!!!

I spoke with the hobby company who gave me a phone number which turned out to be Chalk and a helpful guy Peter.

He told me that the TC was indeed under warrenty but that I needed a receipt and a credit card slip as proof. Good old Geremy had supplied these stapled together so the loco was duly posted off. I received an e-mail to say it had been received and would be repaired under warrenty.

Two weeks later back it comes with a note that a faulty decoder board had been replaced. Its now back in action on the railway getting to the parts that other cleaners cannot reach!!

Thanks very much to CGR.

Now thats the second decoder board that I have had go U/S. For us analog users are they affecting reliability ?

Topogarden Mike

chris m01

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Birmingham, UK
Best answers
Country flag
and to avoiad extra expense
It avoids extra expense for the retailer and maybe HC but not for the pruchaser.

He told me that the TC was indeed under warrenty but that I needed a receipt and a credit card slip as proof
HC requiring proof of purchase is totally out of order. This is a contract between the purchaser and the retailer. It is up to the retailer to confirm the purchase with HC. BY showing HC (and possibly the guy who checks things) your receipt you show how much you paid. I think this is breaching contract confidentiality rules and could been seen as creating unfair competition - HC have absolutley no right to know how much anyone paid for anything bought from a retailer.

Topogardenmike

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Me, I was just pleased with the service and thought it was a pretty fair deal.

You can stand on your rights and hassle or get a quick result. Happy with the latter but each to his own I guess. Suppose if it couldnt be repaired thats a different matter. just thought others in the same situation would like to know how to get a quick result! If you look above others dealings were not so positive.

Mike

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Have spoken to another dealer, he recons the boards are prone to this. I am currently converting one to massoth for a friend