Anyone recognise this delightful young lady......?

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
I'd like to know if anyone here can identify this rather nice figure (pun intended....)!

She was purchased from eBay a few years ago, with no mention of who made her..... a few details:
Height approx. 75mm/3", which makes me feel she's intended to be 16mm scale rather than G (she's about as tall as a typical standing MALE Preiser G figure, and if she was scaled for G I'd expect her to be a little shorter).
She appears to be cast in a resin material, the soles of her shoes show a yellowish resin, probably polyurethane. She is definitely NOT 3D printed, the quality is too good - and anyway I've had her since before affordable 3D printers were around.
She is a VERY good quality sculpt design-wise, obviously done by someone who is very skilled at figure sculpting. The casting is also of very professional quality, given that the large spanner she's holding would be quite tricky to mould in that pose.
She has been nicely painted (even down to the humourous touch of the oily handprint...), but I have no idea whether that was by a previous owner or whether she was purchased already painted when new.

Mechanic girl.1.jpeg

Mechanic girl.2.jpeg

Mechanic girl.3.jpeg

I'd love to know if anyone has seen this particular figure before, and can shed any light on a manufacturer...?

Thanks in advance,
Jon.

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Brick Works..

BRICK-WORKS-%E3%80%8CMaschinen-Krieger%E3%80%8D-1-20-Female-Mechanic-A-%EF%BC%88MUS-03%EF%BC%89.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Brick Works..

BRICK-WORKS-%E3%80%8CMaschinen-Krieger%E3%80%8D-1-20-Female-Mechanic-A-%EF%BC%88MUS-03%EF%BC%89.jpg

Well found, Gordon - have a gold star for that! ;)
Ironically, I know the Ma.K range - a series of Japanese model kits of some rather unusual fighting machines/"powered armour", very Anime style and with a strong WW2 German tech influence..... never thought of this figure as being part of that line, though, I'd just assumed she was from a railway-related range! The quoted 1:20 scale does bear out my assumption of her being nearer to 16mm....

Thanks! :)

Jon.

PS: PaulRhB - there are lots of really nice figures in the American Diorama line, I know, including some that I already have (they do them in both 1:24 and 1:18), but I have looked at all their range in the past and was already pretty sure that this wasn't one of theirs....

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I wouldn't fancy your chances with a spanner like that in her hand :wasntme::wasntme::wasntme::wasntme:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
I wouldn't fancy your chances with a spanner like that in her hand :wasntme::wasntme::wasntme::wasntme:

She's probably just used it to sort out whoever left the handprint...... :devil:

Jon.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
it's all very well but as an ex-spanner monkey, that spanner is a touch overscale!

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
it's all very well but as an ex-spanner monkey, that spanner is a touch overscale!
I dunno ... I've observed several similar in my favourite auto parts/ hardware store ;)

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
But isn't it fantastically detailed and painted! :nod:

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
When I sold my bus a couple of years ago, I included two very large toolboxes of Imperial size spanners in the sale. The largest was an 8 inch Leyland hub spanner - it took two hands just to lift it! What she's got in her hand is just a tiddler by comparison.

By the way Jon, are you in the market for some figures of this size?

Last edited:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
When I sold my bus a couple of years ago, I included two very large toolboxes of Imperial size spanners in the sale. The largest was an 8 inch Leyland hub spanner - it took two hands just to lift it! What she's got in her hand is just a tiddler by comparison.

By the way Jon, are you in the market for some figures of this size?

Drop me a PM, Mike, let me know what you've got..... ;)

Jon.

Mallarddriver

Registered
9 Apr 2012
Skipton,UK
Best answers
Now I got it : Victoria Beckham (without make up :party::party::party:)

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
Last edited:

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
That's a very well detailed figure. I'd say equal or better than Preiser.

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
It's worrying that some of you are impressed by the size of her spanner :eek:
I'm impressed by the paining, getting that faded/multidimensional look on the trousers on a figure is hard even at these scales. :makeup:

Mallarddriver

Registered
9 Apr 2012
Skipton,UK
Best answers
Hei there,
I´m also impressed by the painting,good job !!
And the spanner is also well sized.

Best regards
Soeren

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Oh there was a temptation to compare the crown to the spanner plus no wires for the multimeter (reading zero) but I could feel mods breathing down my neck. :angel:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Wish I could claim credit for the painting, but that is just how I bought her..... someone had done a very nice job!

Jon.