Any info on the Accucraft GP60?

28 Jul 2020
California
Best answers
I might order one in the future, but I can't seem to find any information on it.

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Wilts Drifting toward the RhB,plate tectonics rock
Best answers
Country flag

Still in development I guess, note the 5ft minimum radius though which will make running on LGB track limited as only their R5 is suitable while USAtrains will manage R3 comfortably and R2 just.

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
The GP60 is really long, as compared to the other "geeps" available... so a fair comparison would be to specify which USA Trains loco you are comparing it to...
All their diesels ;) NW2, GP7, 9, 30, 38-2, F3, PA1, SD40-2 & SD70

I see in the store info it says 4ft radius compared to 5ft on the product page. Still no idea of when though.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
The SD70 and the SD40 will not go around a 5 foot diameter curve, neither will the PA1

Even on an R3 (8 foot diameter) the SD70 will normally derail any car coupled to it.

You stated these all these locos will go around an R2....

R2 is 5 foot diameter not 5 foot radius.... I think you have confused radius with diameter, this cannot be first hand experience.

By the way, I own most of those locos and have run all of them on various curves personally.

Greg

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
The SD70 and the SD40 will not go around a 5 foot diameter curve, neither will the PA1

Even on an R3 (8 foot diameter) the SD70 will normally derail any car coupled to it.

R2 is 5 foot diameter not 5 foot radius.... I think you have confused radius with diameter, this cannot be first hand experience.

By the way, I own most of those locos and have run all of them on various curves personally.

Greg
Before admonishing me with bold I suggest you read my post again ;)

Still in development I guess, note the 5ft minimum radius though which will make running on LGB track limited as only their R5 is suitable while USAtrains will manage R3 comfortably and R2 just.
That looks like radius to me ;)
The 5ft radius is from the Accucraft product, not shop, page.

And yes I have owned two Gp38’s, two SD40’s, two F3’s and friends have the others that we run on R3 regularly.
The GP’s grind round R1 the SD’s will grind round R2 curves. You introduced diameter not me! ;)

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag

. . .
this cannot be first hand experience.

A few of the USA trains I’ve run on R3 and tried on R2 but wouldn’t recommend!
CE664FF9-F36E-4EDA-9196-0B245C7B856B.jpeg

They do require loop couplings on R3 to pull any weight of train or they are prone to derailing.

C253C7AC-EE5A-4C23-A61D-0C874987A4E4.jpeg

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Your post quoted below: you say R3 comfortably and R2 just...

Then I asked which USA Trains you were talking about, you replied:

So you said that all the ones in red will manage R3 comfortably (not true), and R2 just ( way not true).....

Since I quoted your statements, I fail to see where I am incorrect, but I have shown were you are way incorrect.

Greg

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Since I quoted your statements, I fail to see where I am incorrect, but I have shown were you are way incorrect.

Greg
How have you shown I’m incorrect? There’s no video, no pics just you asserting it again!

You haven’t proved they don’t go round R3 comfortably and I run mine on R3 so it doesn’t matter what you think as I am happy running them.

Your post quoted below: you say R3 comfortably and R2 just...

Then I asked which USA Trains you were talking about, you replied:

So you said that all the ones in red will manage R3 comfortably (not true), and R2 just ( way not true).....
I see you’ve also conveniently ignored the radius vs diameter error you posted above.

I’ve run GP’s and F3’s on R1 but they grind a bit. The Co Co’s go round the R2 but grind a bit. Both types run fine on R3 along with the SD70’s if you use loop couplers on the loco and first car.

We can’t fit in R5 apart from as transition curves but we’ve run at shows with R3.

An assortment of USAt and Aristocraft on R3, Neil also has the PA’s and SD70’s I just didn’t photograph them.

View attachment 271346
View attachment 271347

View attachment 271348
View attachment 271349

Last edited:

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
If you want to persist saying I’m lying I’ll dig out the SD40 as it’s new couplings just arrived and pop it on some R3 for you ;)

Also how about conceding you introduced diameter to the posts above, I only mentioned radius ;)

Last edited:

chris m01

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Birmingham, UK
Best answers
Country flag
I can’t see the GP60 ever happening. I haven’t bought a new G scale loco for many years because I have all the ones from existing ranges that I want. If this model did go ahead I would buy a warbonnet GP60M. That will probably be the favourite option.

There hasn’t been a new diesel loco for such a long time. I guess manufacturers are concerned about the risk of such a large investment but I reckon there is pent up demand. Time is moving on and the longer it is left the fewer potential buyers there will be.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Mod hat on.. Calm down.. Or thouse involved will be delt with
No flame wars here
Play nicely, or leave, willingly or we will bar you

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
After all that silliness, I followed the link to the Accucraft 1/29th page and it says:

Specifications
  • Scale: 1:29
  • Gauge: 45 mm
  • Construction: Rugged plastic body
  • Mini. Radius: 4ft
  • Length: 25.89 inches
  • Width: 4.76 inches
  • Height: 6.67 inches
(My bold letters)

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I am confused???????????

The title says Accucraft. - Do they make US diesel outline?

Then people start talking Aristocraft and USA Trains both of whom I know make US outline diesels..

Have people 'seen' one thing, but 'read' another, by any chance.. :think:

I am also very tired, so may have made no sense what so ever.. (nothing new there, then!)

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Read post #3, first reference to USA Trains locos running on R2 & R3 curves... then we are off to the races.

My thrust was to warn that despite posts #3 and #6 to not have any expectations of running it on R2, and even R3 would be tight given the length of the loco, and it will be body mount couplers, so like the SD70, even if the loco alone negotiates the curve, often the car coupled to it is derailed even on R3.

Greg

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Gotcha!

Personally, would never envisage (less than) LGB-R3 for these loco's..

In my experience, even the Aristo. Class 66 is marginal on LGB-R3's. - If one of the 'restraint-chains' has a twist in it, it will ride up the rail on the curve.

PhilP.