Another newbie thread

Jayarmin

Registered
20 Sep 2020
Durham uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all, as per my other post am totally new to dcc, I have managed to set it all up and even got a few locos running. Am using a lgb mts all parallel with a 55015p remote. Two questions
In the programming mode there are two letters c and p. What the hell is that all about.
Cvs. how do I go about changing them with my 55015p remote ?

sorry for the questions but totally new to dcc

thanks

Last edited:

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi and welcome to the forum, can't assist with your question, but I am sure the DCC "boys" will be along soon.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all, as per my other post am totally new to dcc, I have managed to set it all up and even got a few locos running. Am using a lgb mts all parallel with a 55015p remote. Two questions
In the programming mode there are two letters c and p. What the hell is that all about.
Cvs. how do I go about changing them with my 55015p remote ?

sorry for the questions but totally new to dcc

thanks
The so called loco remote that you have is capable of updating CV’s. The manual will tell you how if you have one.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Jayarmin, someone will be able to help ( not me, unfortunately, I have trouble understanding a digital watch) what sort of layout do you have?

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
It's a while since I programmed CV with my MTS, and I can't remember, but I think P maybe programming mode?

Haven't a clue what C is though!

I tended to use the MTS PC software for changing CVs, loco addresses and other variables, as was more intuitive than using the Remote.

I still have my MTS 2, the 55045/55060 interfaces and the software....

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
If I had a loco remote LGB guide I would talk Jay through it but sadly never had one. I did program my friends Sachen Meyer cylinder beats up using his by reading the Manual on the day I was at his place. Yes I know reading the manual is cheating, but sometimes........