Another from America

Lorna

Registered
19 Jun 2020
AZ
Best answers
I keep popping in here from time to time and decided it was time to register. I have mostly live steam Fn3 American narrow gauge. Simple loop when I get out to put something on the track.
Steamers currently are an Accucraft Mason, and 28t Shay. I picked up a Roundhouse Harlich Castle for a battery locomotive.
The rolling stock a mixed lot with Accucraft brass cabeese, shorty passenger (CMP/Accucraft), a couple of Yoder EBT hoppers, a couple of P-line EBT boxcars, a couple of 3 ft classic tankers and a Warrior Run 6500 flat pretty much is all the stock on hand.

While not UK strictly I have started looking at SAR (South African Railways) 2ft. NGG13 or NGG16 garratts have now become and interest as well as the rolling stock in 1:19. The LGB/Aster as well as the Accucraft garratt are almost rare birds these days and bloody well expensive.
I might have a lead though on perhaps maybe an Accucraft garratt.

Now the search for rolling stock.

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Lorna. Welcome to the forum. We are a pretty friendly bunch and have quite a few North American members.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Lorna....

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag

Hi Lorna, there are a couple of UK manufacturers of SAR rolling stock kits.

Resurgam models and Bowaters models.

I know that postage from the US to Blighty is hugely expensive, but I don't know how it works the other way around :think:

Lorna

Registered
19 Jun 2020
AZ
Best answers
Thank you all. Thank you Rhinochugger, got both of them already bookmarked. I really like the Resurgam models. Also Worsley Works NG has a diesel and guards van in brass sheet.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Thank you all. Thank you Rhinochugger, got both of them already bookmarked. I really like the Resurgam models. Also Worsley Works NG has a diesel and guards van in brass sheet.
Yes, forget about Worsley Works - their etched models need a bit of care; you don't get the tabs to locate pieces before soldering, but they're good etches.

DSCF1722.JPG

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome, do not forget the possibilities if building yourself. Have a look at my current ongoing Van build.

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
I keep popping in here from time to time and decided it was time to register. I have mostly live steam Fn3 American narrow gauge. Simple loop when I get out to put something on the track.
Steamers currently are an Accucraft Mason, and 28t Shay. I picked up a Roundhouse Harlich Castle for a battery locomotive.
The rolling stock a mixed lot with Accucraft brass cabeese, shorty passenger (CMP/Accucraft), a couple of Yoder EBT hoppers, a couple of P-line EBT boxcars, a couple of 3 ft classic tankers and a Warrior Run 6500 flat pretty much is all the stock on hand.

While not UK strictly I have started looking at SAR (South African Railways) 2ft. NGG13 or NGG16 garratts have now become and interest as well as the rolling stock in 1:19. The LGB/Aster as well as the Accucraft garratt are almost rare birds these days and bloody well expensive.
I might have a lead though on perhaps maybe an Accucraft garratt.

Welcome!! there is a FB page for South African Railways, running on 45mm gauge track to a scale of 1/24th - note that they are HUGE. Here in UK we have a guy who builds the steam locos - both rigid and Beyer-Garratts., but you'll need $$$$ to get into them. Also a guy in RSA who builds small runs of diesels and yet another guy who build passenger and freight cars. The diesels start out at around £1500 or so and go up.

Here in UK we have David Williams and his 1/19th scale stuff for 16mm scale under the banner of Resurgam models, and very fine they are, too, having built a few of them so far. Bowaters are also producing an SAR diesel in 16mm scale. Jon, the man behind Bowaters, is a frequent poster here, too, as well as on FB.