And another New Member!!!

NathanO

Registered
14 Jan 2018
Spring Branch, TX, USA, just north of San Antonio
Best answers
I am a second generation model railroader. My Dad got his first train at 3 years old in 1926.

It was my Mother that got us into Scale model railroading in 1951 and it became a family hobby for Mom, Dad, my Sister and I. Mom passed away in 1982, my Sister in 2011 and Dad in 2015.

I started out in HO scale and over the years have worked in Z, N, TT, HO, S, two rail O and G. I still have the first HO scale car that Mom gave to Dad as a kit, the Globe Models New York, New Haven and Hartford Scrip Herald box car. I have his early Penn Line Whitcomb Diesel. I also have a few of my early HO, TT, N, and On3 items.

I got into G not to long after Dad did when Bachmann came out with their first Shay.

When Dad passed away I had to sort out what to keep, I was running out of room to store things. I now have 16 Bachmann steam locos, a Gas Mechanical, a rail truck and over 50 Bachmann, LGB, and USA Trains freight cars and 7 passenger cars.

I run my trains at the museum I am a member of and at train shows in the area. I also am a member of an N Scale club. I use DCC. I was on the group that put together the original DCC standards. I use NCE systems and decoders from many different manufactures.

I use Cad Rail software to lay out the tack for the train shows I do and to help the N Scale club to design their train show T-Trak layouts.

Dad's favorite saying was: Any day I can play with my trains is a good day!

Nathan

Reactions: 2 users

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Nathan, hope you enjoy spending some time here on GSC!

Jon.

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Nathan, it seems you have done all the scales already. Don't let Jon (Zerogee) fool you, he is as nutty as a fruitcake. Wait, we all are!
Sounds as though your dad got it right.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Hello and welcome to the madness

Hutch

G Gauge, Raising Peaches, Apricots
1 Feb 2012
Southwest Oklahoma, USA
Best answers
Yes, step carefully when coming aboard.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome, when does your garden railway start?

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Nathan, it seems you have done all the scales already. Don't let Jon (Zerogee) fool you, he is as nutty as a fruitcake. Wait, we all are!
Sounds as though your dad got it right.

Oi, I resemble that remark....... ;)

JOn.

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Nathan. Have you any pics of your line? We like illustrations on here!

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome on board!

NathanO

Registered
14 Jan 2018
Spring Branch, TX, USA, just north of San Antonio
Best answers
Thanks all! I forgot that I also have the Bachmann Thomas and Percy sets I use at various show where there are lot of young people.

One time the coupler on Annie was bad so I had Clarabel coupled to Thomas facing forward and then Annie facing to the rear. The only person that caught it was a 30 or so year old woman there with her children. She had been watching Thomas on TV since she was 5 years old.

Like I said I do not have a layout of my own, just do things at the museums and other events like train shows. I will start a thread on one of the other forums to post some pictures.

Nathan

Reactions: 1 user

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
welcome to the forum Nat....

royale

G scale and driving my Royale Sabre kit car
26 Oct 2009
Long Eaton
Best answers
Welcome aboard, Nathan.

Rowan Bravington

Registered
9 May 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Best answers
Welcome Nathan, I can relate to your Thomas story. I caused a ruckus at a local train show here in Melbourne, Australia on my G scale display layout when I had Annie and Clarebel either facing the wrong way or in the wrong order. A number of small kids pointed out my error and a couple where inconsolable until the situation was fixed.
As others have said, we like pictures here.
Cheers from Australia.