Best answers
Country flag

Cliff George

Registered
24 Oct 2009
City of Chelmsford
Best answers
Country flag
According to the AirWire web site these work at 915MHz, so would not be legal to use in the UK. I believe that band is currently allocated to the MoD.

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers

Rod Fearnley

Santa Fe and Burlington Northern at amalgamation
29 Oct 2009
Mid Norfolk
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
I posted because I know that there are several people on here who are interested in the AirWire system.
I also know one or two people who use them and no artillery rounds have fallen on them or other Military units turned up at their houses :rolleyes:

Tim Brien

Registered
29 May 2011
Best answers
915mhz, as used by many American and European manufacturers is only legal in a few countries, U.S.A., Canada and Australia.

Several years ago, a local dealer, obviously spurred on by a rash of 'illegally imported radio control locomotives, threatened to report any owner to the relevant government serices for investigation. The waveband used was illegal for Australia and the dealer was within his rights to uphold the law. Many saw this though as sour grapes as the dealer was not making any sales locally due the incorrect waveband used by the manufacturer.

NCE, Massoth and Piko use this wavelength locally. The European wavelength is around 460. Locally, NCE use 916, Massoth and Piko are user adjustable from 915-918.

Of cause nothing stops one from using a waveband illegally, but then what are the consequences? You may never get caught, but your transmissions may cause interuptions in transmissions not apparent to you, such as emergency frequencies. Many people use illicit drugs but does that make their usage OK.

Rod Fearnley

Santa Fe and Burlington Northern at amalgamation
29 Oct 2009
Mid Norfolk
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
My apologies for trying to be helpful. I shall resist any temptation to pass on any more of what I consider helpful information. Sheesh!

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Rod, no need to apologise for being helpful, your post was indeed helpful to me! Any further posting of helpful information should not be avoided.

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Rod Fearnley said:
My apologies for trying to be helpful. I shall resist any temptation to pass on any more of what I consider helpful information. Sheesh!

I actually saw it for sale myself and wondered about buying it (know nothing about these things) so, if you hadn't posted Rod and drawn a response, I might blissfully (well they say ignorance is bliss:rofl:) have broken the law!