Adding a New Station Eisenfelder Tamüle to the Dunny Rechesbahn

ColinK

Registered
14 Apr 2017
Lancaster
Best answers
Country flag
I like your track spacing template, brilliant idea.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I like your track spacing template, brilliant idea.
When I first made it up I tended to saw and saw then file to get the full raid width. Then just last week I hit on the idea of drilling after marking the width for rail then only two saw cuts are required! Sometimes I even surprise myself at a solution that had been staring me in the face for years! Believe me that old MDF Template has been around getting on for 18 yeas now.

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Some monster overhangs there, Jon - no wonder it needs a bit of careful sorting :tmi::tmi::tmi::tmi:
That Harz 2-10-2 is a beast, on my last line I needed to take the lump hammer to Concrete Mountains for get it round the R1 Curves. Still causing me problems to this day, it is the Bunker that hangs out most. Funny on my Battery Mallet the Front hangs out by pretty much the same amount.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
That Harz 2-10-2 is a beast, on my last line I needed to take the lump hammer to Concrete Mountains for get it round the R1 Curves. Still causing me problems to this day, it is the Bunker that hangs out most. Funny on my Battery Mallet the Front hangs out by pretty much the same amount.
......... and I thought my Connies looked bad on R3s o_Oo_O

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
......... and I thought my Connies looked bad on R3s o_Oo_O
Yes all the big stuff certainly looks horrible at ET on both the R1 and R2, but it is effectively a Fiddle Yard that can be worked a little more like a Station so I am not as concerned as I am at most of the other Stations where 4ft Rad and Peco points mostly rule the roost.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I attaked the rebuild today, started after Nero Fully Leaded Coffee around 1100 and by 1700 Dogs were pestering for walkies so packed up. Only underfelt and Trunking to be sorted now. The pics show the work. I returned the configuration of a Curve inside the Shed to how it was before I started, this was the starting point of the errors of my ways.

First job after checking things out was a piece of Tanalised 1.5" Timber on the side. Yes it was that little out!
image.jpeg
Then came all the lifting of Lids from Trunking, removing that which needed ro be removed rehashing Trackwork with just a little bit of Cable Extension to the Points inside the Shed that form the Crossover to give the correct LGB Spacing. On competion of all this the 2-10-2 was brought out for some Testing. Bunker first is the bit that hangs out most as can be seen things are still tight but now do work.image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Clearances between the offending Open Wagon that found the problem are now OK as well.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
But look at that overhand on R1's. Ugggggghhhhhh. But needs must I am afraid, it is after all just a fiddle yard in the Garden.
image.jpeg
The door had a small piece of the same timber added to sort out the extra width.image.jpeg
Sadly I have run out of the Green Timber Stain, but I know a man that can mix me up some Green! Finally I may use this old Building to disguise the Lever Frame to make things a little in the Scenic Side.image.jpeg
Just Felt to cover the Timber and a little manipulation of Trunking and the job will be done, happy with my just under 6 hours of work today.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
That low level picture of the 2-10-2 on the curve is extreme railway modelling o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

ColinK

Registered
14 Apr 2017
Lancaster
Best answers
Country flag
Glad to hear you are getting it sorted.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Got the rest of the jobs sorted today, some more Rooofing Felt for the new bit of wood. Point and Signal Control all wires back in the Trunking with a new bit added and the Panel back in place. Though it is a sort of Fiddle yard that long piece of Fake Grass has been looking for a home and getting in the way in the Shed for ages so in it went along the back. Nicely hides the Felt Nails. Also some added to the left of the Panel.
image.jpeg
View feom the other end, problems with the closest point though.
image.jpeg
It is a TL 45 Pint R2 with Frog Changer so not a cheep option. All runs theough it ok except my Battery Malletvthat decided to letvthe feont Power Bogie ride up over the check rail. The solution can be seen below for as long as it lasts, a more lasting solution would be a length of Rail from the rail for the straight run through to the check rail on the curve. But see how this lasts for the moment as it works just fine.
image.jpeg
So now we can pretty well enjoy hardly any need for three to get in each others way in the Shed when Operating to Timetable.

ColinK

Registered
14 Apr 2017
Lancaster
Best answers
Country flag
Glad you got it sorted. I hadn’t seen points like that before. Enjoy your running sessions.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
The other week on my CCTV I noticed a big event on one of the Cameras that monitor the track that approaches my Shed. I only occasionally look at the old stuff just to see if there is anything of interest. Mostly it is Spiders running about over the Cameras whilst weaving their webbs. This time though a Mouse was to be seen running along the Track and clearly after investigating the lack of access via one of my opening doors ran back to where it had come from. Now I have always known that the Opening on ET would be an open invitation to the little blighters and was going to do something about it when the roundtoit was around. Well todat was that day.

A flat of MDF cut around 2 inches wide has varying bits of Wood, Rocket Sticks, 1”x1” glued to it with some more rocket stick to mark exactly where it sits. Somewhat important this as the opening is on a curve and cutting bits a fairly involved opera of differing bits of wood.

3B95A892-5A80-47D2-AFE3-B63C0F75039B.jpeg

The yucky black stuff at the front holding some more Rocket Stick in place is a Water Barrier, just in case though the boards slope ever so slightly away from the Shed.

Sean.

Hmmmm
5 Oct 2017
Boston & Cocagne NB (not enough)
Best answers
Country flag
104851_f7e028a4bec1b9b9ef173abfae6da844.jpeg

104906_6e56d1e18445ad3100e9d742ef8cc8b1.jpeg

Why all the curves?

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
104851_f7e028a4bec1b9b9ef173abfae6da844.jpeg

104906_6e56d1e18445ad3100e9d742ef8cc8b1.jpeg

Why all the curves?
Interesting point and question. It was all to do with the requirement of Sidings as this is in effect an Open Fidle Yard in the Garden. I needed the two sidings front for the Timetable that is run and the width that I was using defined the location of these and thus the curves. Also the radius as mentioned in an earlier post demanded a little more space to fit the curves in R1 and R2. Not my prefered option but needs is etc...

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
In the last few days I have been fiddling about with a Small Hut for the Station. In olden days when the Station had the early German Block Signalling System a Small Hut contained all the gear. This is nothing like it, but I wanted to use some the bits from a left over kit mod or two. Not very elegeant but it takes the stuff out of the workshop and puts it in the Garden where it will not get in the way!

The wooden looking bits, window and door are from a Cut Down Goods Shed (Piko or Pola). The bottom bricks and sides are from a similar source Tunnel Kit. Roof Tiles some Plasticard Sanded with Wet n Dry and scribed for the Tile effect using Black Plasticard. On the inside of the Windows LSO HAS black Plasticard so that no detail has to be shown. Major cop out I know. All the joints used Pipe Adhesive with a goodly amount of Silicone Sealant inside to keep it all together.4E964CC3-5D39-469F-A010-7415DC05CB21.jpegF0DD656E-947B-4EEB-87DA-1A93B8D92849.jpeg26BD55BC-65B2-455A-BDC8-0A2BEEADC31C.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users