http://www.accucraft.uk.com/products/welshpool-llanfair-sheep-wagon/

Graham.

KandNWLR

Live steam on the indoor K&NWLR
18 Dec 2011
Alsace
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Now I just need to find some sheep. Preiser?

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Try the kids toys area of your local charity shops. There are loads of suitable scale animals to be found.

funandtrains

Registered
20 Sep 2011
Croydon, Surrey
Best answers
Country flag
Many toy and model shops sell Schleick farm animal which seem to be about 1:20 scale:

http://www.schleich-s.com/en/US/

They look good and not as expensive as the G scale items.

KandNWLR

18 Dec 2011
Alsace
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Yup, Schleich was the right place. But it turned out to be cows .... :-\

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
If you are ever in Hawes, N Yorks .... :D .... the Tourist Board by the station usually have 2 different farm sets for kids. They are pretty much exact scale bearing in mind that sheep come in various sizes!

KandNWLR

18 Dec 2011
Alsace
www.youtube.com
Best answers
KeithT said:
If you are ever in Hawes, N Yorks .... :D .... the Tourist Board by the station usually have 2 different farm sets for kids. They are pretty much exact scale bearing in mind that sheep come in various sizes!

Up till now, for some reason, the current Ms K&NWLR hasn´t been keen about holidays in N. Yorks., she being of the French persuasion. But I´ll ask her again in the light of this new information.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
KandNWLR said:
Up till now, for some reason, the current Ms K&NWLR hasn´t been keen about holidays in N. Yorks., she being of the French persuasion. But I´ll ask her again in the light of this new information.

Maybe this year is the year for her to go there as it is the year of Le Tour.

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
KandNWLR said:
There is a shop a short walk along the main road from the WHR/Festiniog Portmadoc station that sells bags of mixed farmyard animals; sheep, pigs, goats, horses, cat and dog, along with all the other holiday tat. Bought some 18 months ago, very nice and very cheap, £2 a bag of 10. Mostly the right size too. Populate my W&L livestock wagons and other places.

You could start a tour of all the best preserved railways in the UK.....just to buy farm animals ! Don't know what the wife might say though when she tumbles your ploy.

Max.

KandNWLR

18 Dec 2011
Alsace
www.youtube.com
Best answers
playmofire said:
Maybe this year is the year for her to go there as it is the year of Le Tour.

Excellent idea. La prémière étappe de la Tour de France (Séction N. Yorks.).

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
Damn, my holiday cleared out the railway fund. Then I suppose it will be the usual long wait till they arrive so perhaps I stand a chance of saving up again. Though stock storage space is getting very tight. :(