Accucraft R/C modification.

Jisonga

Garden Railways, Motor Sport, Games Consoles.
24 Oct 2009
South East England.
Best answers
Some of you may remember a topic i once posted on a now long gone forum, can't for life remember what it was called now but i digress, about my home made R/C conversion for the Accucraft Mimi i brought some time ago.

After fitting a new 2.4ghz digital system to solve the glitching problems the old system kept giving me all was well until the last couple of steam ups where i was having trouble engaging forward.

The first time round i linked the servo to the reverser arm in the cab.

88e560f3da194b6cbf4a6936738ecc08.jpg

Which allowed far to much play and a lot of the servo travel was wasted and as such forward motion was not always achieved.

So after a bit of thinking i decided to go for a far more direct setup which required the removal of the reverser arm to allow the servo to couple up direct to reverser rod.

5eee617e97414f70a9146168f1e20f70.jpg

This new setup has made the world of difference with a far more responsive feel to the engine and far better control when stopping and starting.

Now i am happy with the way the engine performs i will start to tidy up in the installation and hide things up a little better.

Don't forget to check out my latest youtube video showing my live steam with new R/C setup in action to see for yourself.

Jason.

Sea Lion

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Isle of Man
Best answers
Glad you are now finding the time to tinker with your locos Jason, websites and forums can be soooo time consuming.

Happy steamings!

John

Jisonga

Garden Railways, Motor Sport, Games Consoles.
24 Oct 2009
South East England.
Best answers
I now almost have to much time to tinker about in and i find it hard to not over do it, still GSC keeps my fingers busy.

Jason.