Accucraft Plunger pickup carbon brush and spring size

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Does anyone know of the size of the carbon brushes and springs that are used in Accucraft plunger wheel pickups on locos like C&S 60, C19, etc.
I could get some sent from Accucraft in the States but just wondering if there is a source over here in dear Old Blighty

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
Have you tried Accucraft UK? They've got in spares in that aren't listed on their website for me in the past, bringing them back on business trips to China. Maybe they would do the same with the US?

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
I understand all US product, for UK consumption, and spares is sourced and sold through Accucraft UK now. Not through dealers.I remember Andrew Steele, of Garden Railway Centre, telling me this not long before he retired. So worth giving Graham Langer a call. But I would not be worried about this as I am going all battery :D:) Max

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I understand all US product, for UK consumption, and spares is sourced and sold through Accucraft UK now. Not through dealers.I remember Andrew Steele, of Garden Railway Centre, telling me this not long before he retired. So worth giving Graham Langer a call. But I would not be worried about this as I am going all battery :D:) Max
Aha so you may have some to mov on?

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Aha so you may have some to mov on?
Oh I forgot about that Max, when I handed over the C&S 60 to you.. you won't be needing the track pickups!

JonD I have spoken to Graham at Accucraft and I am going to try to cannibalise some single plunger type (the ones that I am after are the twin plunger for pickup from both wheels on an axle.
Chenning Chang in US says that he has spare brushes but not the complete twin plunger assembly as they have been out of stock for some time. It is funny that Accucraft did not figure that the twin (and single) pickup plunger bushes (and possibly the springs) would definitely wear and would need replacing at some time so make a ton of them for future purchase. Instead they have been out of stock for a few years!