Accucraft Mason Bogies - have arrived in Australia

peterbunce

1880's Colorado Narrow gauge on 45mm track
29 Oct 2009
east of manchester
Best answers
]Hi,

Yes I have one on order and it won't appear in this country till mid April! It is on that proverbial 'slow boat from China'!

But they have arrived in Australia, and David Fletcher who did so much to get them into production is very pleased with them. Mine is in green and will be number 4 - 'San Juan', Accucraft 'sold out'of them long before they started production, the photo below is of the electric version, which is what mine will be.

But meanwhile here is a view of the other one; number 6 - TenMile. on David's layout with some coaches (made from kits - don't think that make them simple to assemble - it doesn't!) that he also was involved in - they are to be replaced with some Colorado Central RR coach kits as no Denver & South Park coaches are available, luckily there was some interchange between them - the train will have to be an excursion from Black Hawk in the Clear Creek valley, or from Golden Colorado.

So, enjoy, I am certain that David will be OK with putting it up here on GSC, when mine appears I will put some photos of that one up, but there is still a month to wait - Grr!. Equally I will also have to buy some coach kits for it to pull, though I have enough freight cars. I have made it two photos one in sun, and t'other in shade.

These locos are an American version of the single Fairlie, thes have the pivoting truck (containing the driving wheels, which has the drive from a horozontal motor fed down to the truck with a toothed rubber belt, that means that your track has to be reasonbale )so I am told) as there is very little up & down movement - so my track will need a bit of fettling I think! Roll on some good weather to get down on my knees!

ef478da6b103483f84a636760453b520.jpg

41dab3c9e1084833ba4346f4d98174be.jpg

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Corr! thats nice.:clap::D