A load of cold air

DGE-Railroad

The Orchard Line
26 Jan 2020
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
If you're threatened with your sons local nursery group doing an excursion to see the railway, what more excuse do you need for a prop driven bit of fun that will require constant vigilance against little fingers

I think I'd better fit a fan cage....
20210202_094933.jpg
Wheels are fitted and the scary part of drilling out the cooling ducts has been accomplished
20210202_115151.jpg

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Thunderbirds are go!

FAB....

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
If you're threatened with your sons local nursery group doing an excursion to see the railway, what more excuse do you need for a prop driven bit of fun that will require constant vigilance against little fingers

I think I'd better fit a fan cage....
View attachment 279981
Wheels are fitted and the scary part of drilling out the cooling ducts has been accomplished
View attachment 279982
Saw one of those running at a Garden Railway in Olney, they can be very lively going from 0-fast in less seconds than you can type it.

Reactions: 1 user

Hal Farsed

D.P. Gumby.
7 Apr 2014
Staffordshire, England.
Best answers
Country flag
Someone fitted a R/C brake to one using a servo. Useful, I thought! :)

DGE-Railroad

The Orchard Line
26 Jan 2020
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, the build is planned to use a servo arm operating a silicon tube friction brake on the front wheels :)

It does also look a bit swift once it gets moving. Especially if like my 4yo, the operator is only interested in stop and flat out :D

I notice on the Swift Sixteen video, it coming off a bend at one point. I think some trimming of the throttle endpoint may be necessary before any little'uns are allowed near the controls...

I have found a step which is more daunting than drilling the cooling holes. Mounting the fan cowl and getting it centered definitely involves the most tongue-sticking-out

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
There is a picture of mine on the SwiftSixteen website. I converted mine to an open cockpit. Unfortunately I’ve blown the engine and the propeller disintegrated. It’s now on the to do shelf.

DGE-Railroad

The Orchard Line
26 Jan 2020
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
There is a picture of mine on the SwiftSixteen website. I converted mine to an open cockpit. Unfortunately I’ve blown the engine and the propeller disintegrated. It’s now on the to do shelf.
Is yours the metal plated one, or the orangey red one with the teeth C-J-S?