A bit of 16mm steaming after work

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
A friend of mine came up to my place after I got off work yesterday and we had a mini 16mm steam up on my railway. My railway is set someplace in Austria and stables a pair of O&K 0-4-0.s One is my Riverdale Elke(still under construction so not on the railway this day), and my brand new Roundhouse Billy(not yet named). This was Billy's first real outing as some RC issues needed resolved as a wire pinched, shorted and fried both servos on the first steam up. I fitted new servos and a different receiver that would link to my RCS palm size tx. Billy ran great pulling a mixed train of LGB wagons/coaches, would have kept running but it got dark and the front lantern was not operational yet(it is now!). My friend ran his Roundhouse Lilla pulling a string of slate wagons he 3d printed and built himself. Was an enjoyable evening after a long day at work.

Reactions: 1 users

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Something to look forward to again when the days draw out. Looked like both locos were running well.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
A friend of mine came up to my place after I got off work yesterday and we had a mini 16mm steam up on my railway. My railway is set someplace in Austria and stables a pair of O&K 0-4-0.s One is my Riverdale Elke(still under construction so not on the railway this day), and my brand new Roundhouse Billy(not yet named). This was Billy's first real outing as some RC issues needed resolved as a wire pinched, shorted and fried both servos on the first steam up. I fitted new servos and a different receiver that would link to my RCS palm size tx. Billy ran great pulling a mixed train of LGB wagons/coaches, would have kept running but it got dark and the front lantern was not operational yet(it is now!). My friend ran his Roundhouse Lilla pulling a string of slate wagons he 3d printed and built himself. Was an enjoyable evening after a long day at work.
What a great way to end a day.