22 Jan 2010
Livonia, Michigan, USA
Best answers

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Caradoc is, I suspect, a much better locomotive. It is certainly a well proven one. That's a good price too, the same as Track- Shack which is often the cheapest for Accucraft locos.

I think you'll be happy with it, and won't regret making the decision to drop the Porter.

Sea Lion

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Isle of Man
Best answers
Ah, someone else has seen the light and realised Caradoc looks good on 3' gauge ;-))

I saw one blasting out of St Johns last night on the way to Foxdale with a heavy train, but that's another story :D

Happy steamings,

John

tagorton

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Cornwall
Best answers
funandtrains said:
It is not an Accucarft model but another Chinese builder BOWANDE / Wuhu:

http://bowande.en.ec21.com/Brass_Train_Toy--3702327_3702430.html

Indeed. These are an Accucraft copy, built by a couple of ex Accucraft employees. The boiler and gas tank do not comply with the Sound Engineering Practice component of the EEC pressure vessel regulations and are not plated. The enlarged gas tank this builder provided on their version of the standard gauge 4MT tank (originally built by Accucraft) was in fact dangerous in that the metal was not strong enough for the pressure found in the fuel tank when the loco was steamed ? there were many other probs as well and several have turned up on ebay. Later versions will have a stronger tank ? IF they make any more. If this engine were mine I would test the gas tank. Do NOT use a mixed gas in this loco.

Bestest

Tag

Doug

Live Steam, scratch building
24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
Hmmm, yes, Caradoc ...

039e2b2216e7433e88669151a042d6cb.jpg

brianthesnail96

Registered