Sunny Devon Uk
Best answers
Hi Bill welcombe to this forum
edit, obviously missed it when you first posted in January
quick tip
when posting pics
and you have attatched a pic to your post

click where in your post where you want the pic to appear

then click on file you just attatched & it will appear in your post full size instead of as a thumbnail

DVR_Chris

Railways, especialy volunteering at them!
2 Jun 2010
Southampton
cjallenby.wix.com
Best answers
Nice engine... wrong gauge! JOKING its a really nice loco :clap:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Assuming that you have 45mm track, any of the Playmobile battery Powered Trains would be good if you can get them cheep and in working order. Bet he will have Playmobile Figures eventually. You probably have 1-2 years to get one and they are pretty well indestructible. I have bought them from boot sales in the past, you may get lucky and get one with a load of other Playmobile too. Ideal for presents when he is old enough to not eat them. But give them all a good wash first! You may even be inspired by some of the buildings for your own line.
JonD

Mik

Steam tractors, good books, scratchbuilding models
17 Dec 2009
The wilds of Western Pennsylvania
www.the-ashpit.com
Best answers
Sound card? Kids used to make their own sounds.... give him a hat and one of those wooden 4 chime whistles and he'll be happy as a pig in... well, you know.

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
agree
playmobil-i had/have an 0-4-0t he loved it
combine this with the figures and playmobil line and they can spend the day-the stuff never gets old to them and renews with each add- on 

but it wasnt long before he was  taught how to handle trains and was using my 2019s

he then had his own stainz and some cars of his own choice-all still around and all in great shape-a bit bright in color tho

Bram

Playing trains, Ballroom Dancing, Good Food & Wine
24 Oct 2009
Knowle
Best answers
Country flag
My youngest grandson (2 1/2) plays with my RC locos and he is very good. It's suprising what they can take on board at that age if you explain things to them and they are intrested.

musket the dog

Registered
31 Oct 2009
Leicester
nlrr.webs.com
Best answers
Bill Reynolds said:
Thanks for replies and I will try the attachment advice Don.... I have 32mm track I am afraid and the loco I am scratch building will be around 1.12th scale but no advice on fitting a soundcard????....

Have you tried the maplins soundcard? http://www.maplin.co.uk/module?moduleno=31695 It gives basic sound but it's sound nevertheless. And it has a switch for a whistle. It shows it PCB mounted in the picture but I'm sure you could use some wires instead to move it to the bunker.

musket the dog

Registered
31 Oct 2009
Leicester
nlrr.webs.com
Best answers
No problem, enjoy your build :)