3D printed clip-on buffer stop

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
I bought these on eBay a few days ago. You get five for the princely sum of £12.49 including P&P, but they are also available separately. They are sold as gauge 1 but as I was in need of some less costly items for my storage tracks radiating from my turntable I thought it worth a punt and anticipated a little conversion work would be necessary. On arrival I noticed the slot for the railhead was bigger than what I had expected (code 250?) and with a quick clean up of some minimal flash I found LGB rail fitted nicely. The spacing of the 'feet' does mean a small piece needs to be removed from the track webbing so two sleepers are moved closer together by a few millimetres, but I can live with that. It is also necessary for the rail to be slid out of the sleepers so that the framework can be inserted as it will not slide past the chairs. It may be possible to push-fit from the top. but I wouldn't want to risk it, not knowing the limitations of the product's flexibility. The pegs on the back of the crossbeam look a little fragile and I will consider replacing with something stronger. I have no idea what (if any) prototype they portray, but I consider them more than suitable for my needs. Detail is quite good and they line up reasonably well with buffers on rolling stock. I'm not sure how they will stand up to outside use though- we will have to see. Link and my photos below.

Attachments

• P1090105 _2_.JPG
    P1090105 _2_.JPG
    228.1 KB · Views: 0
  • P1090106 _2_.JPG
    P1090106 _2_.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 0
  • P1090107 _2_.JPG
    P1090107 _2_.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 0
  • P1090102 _2_.JPG
    P1090102 _2_.JPG
    297.1 KB · Views: 0
  • P1090103 _2_.JPG
    P1090103 _2_.JPG
    391.5 KB · Views: 0
  • P1090104 _2_.JPG
    P1090104 _2_.JPG
    412.6 KB · Views: 0
  • P1090108 _3_.JPG
    P1090108 _3_.JPG
    368.8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 1 user

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
They work quite well Mike.

I used the Peco ones on Hardyard, as they have a very small footprint, but I might have used those if they had been available at the time....

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
If they do the job of stopping anything coming off the end they will do nicely.;)

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
I bought these on eBay a few days ago. You get five for the princely sum of £12.49 including P&P, but they are also available separately. They are sold as gauge 1 but as I was in need of some less costly items for my storage tracks radiating from my turntable I thought it worth a punt and anticipated a little conversion work would be necessary. On arrival I noticed the slot for the railhead was bigger than what I had expected (code 250?) and with a quick clean up of some minimal flash I found LGB rail fitted nicely. The spacing of the 'feet' does mean a small piece needs to be removed from the track webbing so two sleepers are moved closer together by a few millimetres, but I can live with that. It is also necessary for the rail to be slid out of the sleepers so that the framework can be inserted as it will not slide past the chairs. It may be possible to push-fit from the top. but I wouldn't want to risk it, not knowing the limitations of the product's flexibility. The pegs on the back of the crossbeam look a little fragile and I will consider replacing with something stronger. I have no idea what (if any) prototype they portray, but I consider them more than suitable for my needs. Detail is quite good and they line up reasonably well with buffers on rolling stock. I'm not sure how they will stand up to outside use though- we will have to see. Link and my photos below.

A coat of grey exterior spray paint will protect them, after saying that I have had some test pieces lying out on my layout in the Australian sun for 2 summers now and they show no sign of deterioration. The filament used was PLA+.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
curtis curtis You might find these acceptable?
You do have to fettle a mounting for your lamps, though.

PhilP