StephH

7/8ths and 1/12th modeling in Railways and Birdwat
24 Oct 2009
Derbyshire
gardenrailway.webs.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all,

Thought I'd start a new thread for the line for 2010. As today as I mentioned in the live steam section a "historic loco" has joined the lines stock and had its first run today as it was a sunny afternoon.

Rob Bennetts 7/8ths Konrad conversion has joined the line and was on trials today... it ran really well and looks the part on the estate line....
da60671956454fadb2cf76b967133fb6.jpg

At the farm siding
c4e0447c2e7f449dae73cf843dd9ceef.jpg

In the woods
e74ab6932d834510a2667efd2117eaa0.jpg

On the embankment
fd15bd6b66b648e5bf64bfcee539433b.jpg

Shingle straight.

ATB

Steph'

Midwalesstokie

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Wales
Best answers
Looking at the first photo, I had no idea there was a Konrad under there! Looks fantastic, do you know where the smokebox door is from?

Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Best answers
Country flag
Brilliant pics , and what a converstion of the regner :clap:

StephH

24 Oct 2009
Derbyshire
gardenrailway.webs.com
Best answers
Country flag
Midwalesstokie said:
Looking at the first photo, I had no idea there was a Konrad under there! Looks fantastic, do you know where the smokebox door is from?

Hi James,

Amazing isn't it... wish I had actually built it! There have been several incarnations of this loco from one with a brass dome and fairground like brass spiral poles holding up a cab roof through cabless (where I first saw it http://www.pics-by-robert.photobook.org.uk/p33956874.html < Link To http://www.pics-by-robert....org.uk/p33956874.html ) to this one! I have followed its evolution with interest!

The Smokebox door is actually the original as far as I know, but with added rivets and a 1/12th scale Heywood style smokebox dart. Somewhere Rob wrote up the way he did it..... I'll see if I can find it!! 

Edit:- found the original version build (there is more on the SE Lounge)......on Ferd Mels own site for 7/8ths http://www.ferdmels.com/moth.html ATB Steph'

Granitechops

Narrow Gauge 1/12th scale on 45mm</br>Quarrying &
24 Oct 2009
Sunny Devon Uk
Best answers
Hi Steph'

I am NOT looking at THE ENGINE :thinking: :happy:

like the realistic sacks
& crates
& the flower boxes, Daffodills????, heard the maincrop was a bit late this year, even on the Islands :D

Midwalesstokie

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Wales
Best answers
Thanks Steph, interesting stuff. I can see the original smokebox now. I'll have a proper look at that website later too.

StephH

24 Oct 2009
Derbyshire
gardenrailway.webs.com
Best answers
Country flag
Granitechops said:
Hi Steph'

I am NOT looking at THE ENGINE   :thinking:  :happy:

like the realistic sacks
& crates
& the flower boxes,  Daffodills????,     heard the maincrop was a bit late this year, even on the Islands  :D
Hey Don,

Reckon the weather will have got the flowers this year.... I built the flower boxes from stripwood (or lollypop sticks cannot remember!), crates I think were from Back2Bay6 but not sure and the sacks were a gift from Redcastle Potatoes proprietor Rob Bennett... I keep meaning to take one to the local material shop and see if they can get some similar stuff so I can get on and make St Andrews Island bulb sacks for export to the mainland!

ATB

Steph'

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Hi Steph. Did you know that your forum settings are blocking PMs? I can't send you a reply to the one you sent me yesterday.

Round n Round

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Lancashire
Best answers
yb281 said:
Hi Steph. Did you know that your forum settings are blocking PMs? I can't send you a reply to the one you sent me yesterday.

Mel, Could the ' be the problem, just like the & is in my handle.