1/24 th scale accessories

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
The Eighton Bahn has taken delivery of a Gourmino coach.

So I am on the lookout out for suitable sources of accessories to dress the coach as it were, people are not a problem, it's the food, crockery and utensils that are proving difficult to find.

There are plenty out there for 1/12th. scale but having difficulty in locating reasonable priced 1/24th scale.

So any useful suggestions for suppliers of such items would be appreciated.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Gordon, the Dolls House stuff is worth looking through but can get a little pricey if you want a lot of items - best value is the pack of meals and assorted crockery from Prehm, Glendale are showing a set in stock if you go here:
http://www.glendalejunction.co.uk/PrehmCatering.html
and scroll down the page till you get to the 550601 "mini food" set - I have a pack of the painted ones, and they are very good value at £25 for the whole set - there is also 550603, which is several trays with three plated meals on each, again painted.
You will also be able to get any catering staff figures that you need from the same page - the waiter pouring the wine is an excellent figure!

Jon.

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
I made all my detailing items from odds and ends for my Orient Express restaurant car. Double layers of punched plasticard for plates and plastic tube for cups. Food was oddments of Fimo suitably painted. Vases of flowers made from beads. There are some pics on my Orient Express rolling stock thread. I've still got some menus I printed left over if you want some.

D

Deleted member 1986

Edit:

Last edited by a moderator:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I reckon a bit of DIY Work as suggested by Mike is the most cost effective option. Surprising what you can do with odments of Plasticard, Pepper Corns and Dried Seeds. Oh plus the odd Coffee Stirer, Card and Paper. For bodies look at the Ebay Cheepo Packs of G Figures, with a little Carving and Repainting they make great Coach Figures.
JonD

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the info.

I know what you mean about the diy idea, only problem with it is my lack of feeling in my fingers and minds eye and end results never match up to my plans.

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Best answers
Country flag
IMG_20160410_153702_1474977631445_1.JPG
Thanks for the info.

I know what you mean about the diy idea, only problem with it is my lack of feeling in my fingers and minds eye and end results never match up to my plans.
Wouldyou like me to knock some up for you Gordon?

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the offer Mike.

Whilst making fiddly things is difficult, I can manage to stick ready made stuff in, so going to buy the bits and bods, and fire up the glue gun.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Have another source of 1/24 gear you might be interested in

http://www.craft-products.com/

lots of usefull bits

Very much so, especially their reusable brick and stone stencils that seem to be available in 1/12, 1/24 and several other dolls house standard scales....
Do watch the scale on their stuff like the food and accessories, most of it appears to be 1/12 even where it doesn't clearly say so. If something doesn't specifically say 1/24, check with them first - but that applies across the whole of the DH world, where 1/12 should be assumed to be the default scale unless something is specified otherwise.
Of course, if you're doing 7/8" then 1/12 is just fine!

Jon.

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the offer Mike.

Whilst making fiddly things is difficult, I can manage to stick ready made stuff in, so going to buy the bits and bods, and fire up the glue gun.
No problem Gordon. I'd thought about making a few sets up to put on fleabay just to see if there's a market. As they say - watch this space.

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
At the risk of bumping this topic, a sort of related question.

Most of the bits I need have arrived today, need to source a few pot n pans

I have gone with three of the Prehm figures, two serving staff and a chef. Metal of some sort and weighty to boot.

P1020359.JPG

Just wondering if anyone out there has ever had to secure them in a coach, and what has worked.
Have used double sided tape and hot glue on the lighter plastic ones, not always with success, so considering epoxy, super glue or drilling the leg and a screw fixing through the coach floor,
providing it does come apart, the coach floor that is.

Than all I have to do is work out how to glue table cloths to the table and then the food, bottles etc to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Best answers
Country flag
At the risk of bumping this topic, a sort of related question.

Most of the bits I need have arrived today, need to source a few pot n pans

I have gone with three of the Prehm figures, two serving staff and a chef. Metal of some sort and weighty to boot.

Just wondering if anyone out there has ever had to secure them in a coach, and what has worked.
Have used double sided tape and hot glue on the lighter plastic ones, not always with success, so considering epoxy, super glue or drilling the leg and a screw fixing through the coach floor,
providing it does come apart, the coach floor that is.

Than all I have to do is work out how to glue table cloths to the table and then the food, bottles etc to them.
I used UHU from poundland for my restaurant car. I'm not impressed with it as an adhesive for 'proper work's but for lightweight stuff it's great, and it can be removed fairly easily. So far it hasn't had a detrimental effect on any of the plastics I've used it on. !my tablecloths were made from the thinnest plasticard to hand.

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Silicone bath sealant.

TLR

anything to do with model L/S loco's boats etc
24 Oct 2009
Clacton on sea Essex
Best answers
Try BostiK All Purpose clear I use it for sticking fletchings and nocks to arrows [ my other hobby is field archery ]
it seems good enough for arrows in a working enviroment so should be ok for plastic wood and metal.

Shaun

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Good choice on getting the Prehm food set, Gordon - it's really very good value when you compare it with buying even a fraction of that amount of items as individual pieces via the Dolls House collectors market....
The Prehm figures are great too, cast in zinc I believe. To fix the figures (and indeed all the accessory bits too) I tend to use silicone glue in tubes from craft suppliers, essentially it's very similar to the silcone sealant that Stockers suggests but in more controllable tubes; it takes quite a few hours to set, but holds things in place well and has the advantage that if you do want to remove them later to return an item to "stock" condition then it can be peeled away without too much trouble.

Jon.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, like Alan (Stockers) I used to use clear mastic, but now use Bostik clear (comes in a purple tube) for many uses - pretty good stuff.

ebay mike

6 Dec 2011
Best answers
Country flag
Is the food a solid casting or vac-formed Gordon?

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Is the food a solid casting or vac-formed Gordon?

Jumping in and answering (sorry Gordon!) they are all individual plastic moulded pieces, not vac-formed, and available either pre-painted as shown or in an unpainted (white plastic) version that is of course cheaper.
A very good value set, in my opinion.
Jon.