1;22 Mighty Moes,yes 2(almost)

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
I`m getting around the fleet with an oilcan and doing a few repairs(torn off rear coupling after a wreck) albeit slowly and caught up with these two,:clap::clap:I posted this upscaled Moe way back in 2014 and it was my first attempt at serious rusting,the second Moe is a stock out of the box item with just a new paint scheme for comparison and showing the modifications done on the first,weathering,new cab and so on.I have decided that the 2nd loco is my next roundtoit and will be rebuilt as a switcher to go with my Alcos but will be in a semi decent condition when finished .Both were secondhand items from Glendale over the years.Not many Moes show up on the forum,good little locos.MIGHTY MOE 003.jpgMIGHTY MOE 001.jpgMIGHTY MOE 004.jpgMIGHTY MOE 008.jpgMIGHTY MOE 010.jpgMIGHTY MOE 012.jpgMIGHTY MOE 013.jpgMIGHTY MOE 006.jpgMIGHTY MOE 015.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Wow, me wanty......
Very convincing. Nice rusted out seams, too!

Ive not heard of mighty moe. Who manufactures?
Do they run nicely?

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks all for the positive feedback,the general idea was to up scale from 1;29 to 1;22,the hood I can get away with but they need a new slightly larger cab but able to keep all the cab engineer controls to use so the second one to do,the only problem with them is the operating switches are underneath meaning it has to be lifted from the track to operate the smoke/lights,but overall great little locos.Thanks again,,,Rio;);),MIGHTY MOE 011.jpg

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Ah, I see what you have done now.. :rolleyes:

Is it a totally new cab? Or have you 'just' extended backwards a little?

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Ah, I see what you have done now.. :rolleyes:

Is it a totally new cab? Or have you 'just' extended backwards a little?
Sorry for late reply Phil but no computer for 7 days,,,The cab is a complete rebuild from styrene sheet and I managed to get in the rear back up light and the controls into the re build,the second loco(when I get around to it)will be in C&RG livery with glazing and with a different roof line and so on but will be a styrene sheet item as the original cab is totally discarded,the completed loco in the pics has no road name and so is owned by a local mine co so hence its condition;);),it was an experiment to upscale that suprisingly paid off!!