What loco would be appropriate to pull....

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
The box cars you see in this train?
b7c740ac8b534a189d9c3682cbcb5f74.jpg

drat they're behind the veg!!i was sure they were in that piccie. Oh well they are bachmann big hauler refrigarated dairy yellow coloured and contemporary(ish) to the tankers I think!

I know they are (well I think I do) mid 20th centuary US standard gauge so shouldn't be pulled by my Whitepass loco- but what could I buy (diesel or steam) that might have pulled these?
To be honest I am quite happy if they're close-ish to reality- I don't care about road names etc!
And if you have something appropiate and need some £ drop us a PM you never know...
Not really a "wanted" thread primarily so that's why this is in locos and trams...
Ta, Ian

PS sorry about the silly photo they were in that train honest and I couldn't see the pics properly in the thumbnail... and I don't have another one to hand.

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
first Rule 8

second-some thoughts

standard gauge locos of the era 
LGB Mike or F7s

somehow i think a sumpter valley engine would look superb regardless of correctness-the tender alone would give it standard gauge feel and scale

or even an LGB Mogul -could be!/ pretend branchline power if in an apropos road name -need a shorter train probably tho

other brands of standard gauge diesels-such as an RS3 or a U25

or even an LGB Davenport as a road switcher-perhaps 2 in tandem-(side rods ARE a bit of a stretch tho)

frankly i think the WPY diesels are great-and give the characature of mainline and modern-yet are well scaled to the stock 

lets face it, the style of the tanks cars is either narrow gauge or very very old standard gauge-like pre 1900 if im correct

i think pennsy had some interchange with major dairys on thier narrow gauge line-but dont quote me on this

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
As far as the PRR and narrow gauge operations and tank cars....

The W&W did have a couple tank cars, one I think was ex standard gauge, both were privately owned going by memory in oil service. The OR&W never had any tanks from what have seen/read.