Wanted - R/C Linkage bits.

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
This photo is the back of my Stanley, without the body. I'm looking for the linkage parts - the clevis, threaded rod, and the thingamijig that connects the rod the the throttle arm with a clamp screw.
Any suggestions where I can buy this stuff? UK or USA. 20200517_180758_stanley-throttle.jpg

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Almost any RC flyer shop.. Also model boat suppliers will probably be able to help you..

Search for 'pushrods and connectors'

PhilP.

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
That thingamijig is a Roundhouse starlock washer.
A bit of a pain to remove and re-use.
Better replaced with a conventional clamp & lock nut.
Thanks. I was actually trying to identify/name the whole thing - a clamp on a peg for a radial arm. Does it have a formal name?

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks. I was actually trying to identify/name the whole thing - a clamp on a peg for a radial arm. Does it have a formal name?

The plastic bit on the servo is a 'servo horn', the part connected to this is known as a 'clevis', a 'pushrod' is screwed into this..

Pushrods tend to be threaded at one end, and can be twenty inches long. - Used in model aircraft, that sort of length.. Some suppliers refer to a 'pushrod' as a clevis and the pushrod in one.

At the regulator end, there are any number of options, from just a bend in the end of the rod, through star-washers, to assorted clamps.
What will fit, will depend on clearances you have in the cab.

Might be worth you researching 'quik-link' which is a 'click-together' clevis arrangement..

PhilP.

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
quik-link
Phil, thank you for the suggestion. I'm still trying to find a name for the clamp held on by that starlock washer! The problem with a quik-link is it is less convenient to adjust - with a screw-in clamp, you just loosen the screw, move the rod and re-tighten. With a clevis and quik-link, you have to take the whole thing off.
Incidentally, despite all my searches and the links provided by you helpful modellers, I still haven't found anyone selling that clamp!

For anyone curious what I am talking about - this is the clamp on the throttle arm (arrowed.) There's a screw holding/clamping the rod in place.

20200519_102637-stanley-arm-clamp1.jpg

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
Last edited: