Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
They make several of them. FN3? IOM? L&B? W&L? There are Gauge 1 coaches too. :think:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I think by AMS the OP means the 1:20.3 Jackson Sharp coaches

AMS - was American Model Supply (Accucraft have simplified their branding recently).

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
I think by AMS the OP means the 1:20.3 Jackson Sharp coaches

AMS - was American Model Supply (Accucraft have simplified their branding recently).

Elementary my dear Watson. I do concur! :nod:
The yellow one is pretty. ;)

Last edited:

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
AMS is Accucraf't's specific branding for their Fn3/1:20.3 offerings. Their J&S car range was produced in both plastic and brass, Those included in the standard plastic range were either all chair or a combine configurations. The brass range was to offer a replication of the San Juan set. Their cars were both longer, in nearly all instances, with more veriety and some with enclosed vestibule ends that included a veranda ended parlor car, The range encompassed the D&RGW, RGS & C&S variants of these cars where applicable. Red oxide, Pullman green and the Yellow "Bumble Bee" liveries were available, again as offered on the prototypes.

Rio Grande Models (UK) offered a very neat laser cut wood based "transkit" for the plastic cars to make a very nice "Pagosa" combine. Oft replicated, but in very reduced size form, by other makers and marketed as a "drovers' caboose".

A lot of the C&S liveried examples have ended up as kit bashes to some other D&RGW variant. Not popular they could be picked up at reasonable cost in "close out sales" or 2nd hand a few years ago. They do come up occasionally now, similarly marked down over the more popular D&RGW and RGS variants. I bought one from Garden Railway Centres some years ago, NIB but fitted with ball bearing wheel sets (std plastic are plain bearings, brass ball, bearings) for £140. I converted that to the "Pagosa" combine configuration. The difference in rolling resistance between a car running on plain bearings, with its lighting pick up wipers, and ball bearing examples, with axle mounted pick ups, is quite marked. Max

Last edited:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
AMS is Accucraf't's specific branding for their Fn3/1:20.3 offerings.
............. was ......... allegedly, although the online store hasn't changed the branding yet :oops:

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
You will notice they are transitioning from the accucraft site to their new site livesteamstation.com ...

On the new site, AMS, AML, and Accucraft are listed, so it appears the names will live one.

Greg

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
You will notice they are transitioning from the accucraft site to their new site livesteamstation.com ...

On the new site, AMS, AML, and Accucraft are listed, so it appears the names will live one.

Greg
Yes, interesting, because they had indicated that AMS and AML would go - but we're all entitled to change our minds :emo::emo:

Homo Habilis

Registered
16 Apr 2016
USA
Best answers
Country flag
Paul:

I have an NIB AMS AM54-020GA COMBINE CAR that I don't use and would be willing to sell. I have only unpacked it to ensure that it was undamaged. PM me if you are interested.

1648163455242.png