DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Do any of the G scale (I hate using that term for a scale) suppliers make a simple wagon of smaller proportions to the LGB flat wagons that could be adapted to run with my Bachmann trams, thanks?

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Do any of the G scale (I hate using that term for a scale) suppliers make a simple wagon of smaller proportions to the LGB flat wagons that could be adapted to run with my Bachmann trams, thanks?
Some of the SM32 kits available might suit, perhaps (those made suitable for 45mm wheelsets) - a few seemed to pop up on eBay, from a quick glance.

SevenOfDiamonds

Registered
3 Jan 2010
Best answers
Country flag
a simple wagon of smaller proportions to the LGB flat wagons

Smaller than which, though?

Field . . .1670872210165.png

ToyTrain . . . 1670872313527.png

or main range . . .1670872405695.png

Cheers

David

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Try PS Models, Swift Sixteen or even Brandbright (not cheap, but the best) most of their kits are 32/45mm adjustable. Check out the 16mm Association website

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Have you looked at the Grizzly Flats wagons, LGB 32411 being an open coach variation. They did do an open with doors I think. If you can get them at a good price very adaptable. Even have tramway type of chassis.
7189FFEF-A185-4B00-ADCF-DD9DADC3DC17.jpeg

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Have you looked at the Grizzly Flats wagons, LGB 32411 being an open coach variation. They did do an open with doors I think. If you can get them at a good price very adaptable. Even have tramway type of chassis.
View attachment 307624
Thanks, that's exactly what I'm looking for, now to find some at a reasonable price.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks, that's exactly what I'm looking for, now to find some at a reasonable price.
I have four in green, that I have not used much. PM me if you wish to discuss, no photos now, but I can get some taken.

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
I have four in green, that I have not used much. PM me if you wish to discuss, no photos now, but I can get some taken.
I asked for some wagons and again someone on the forum came to my aide and I now have 3 Bachman tram size compatible wagons, the one at the end is what I would call a standard LGB sized wagon.

Thank you very much JimmyB for letting his wagons go and thank you to Mr DunnyRail for pointing me in the direction of this smaller range of rolling stock.

My problem now is that I like them as they are so I need to build some more flat wagons which will follow the same style as the Grizzly Flats ones.

I dont suppose anyone has any of the Grizzly Flats coshes going spare, I think they might make nice trailers for the powered trams, thanks.

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Just a dry run just now, this frame is about 10mm shorter than the Grizzly Flats underframe and circa 3mm wider.

My question; do folks think I have made sufficient wagon deck support brackets?

Attachments

• 20230719_212001.jpg
    20230719_212001.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 0

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Just a dry run just now, this frame is about 10mm shorter than the Grizzly Flats underframe and circa 3mm wider.

My question; do folks think I have made sufficient wagon deck support brackets?
Aesthetically, probably yes.

However, I have never built wagons in the 1:1 world but I would be asking myself, if it needs three outer support brackets each side, why does it only need two cross members,

From a brick-on-brick builder's logic, if a span needs supporting, then it needs the same support wherever :think::think:

Then I started thinking :nerd::nerd: that what you have there are supports for longitudinal members before you install the decking planks across the width :nod::nod:

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Aesthetically, probably yes.

However, I have never built wagons in the 1:1 world but I would be asking myself, if it needs three outer support brackets each side, why does it only need two cross members,

From a brick-on-brick builder's logic, if a span needs supporting, then it needs the same support wherever :think::think:

Then I started thinking :nerd::nerd: that what you have there are supports for longitudinal members before you install the decking planks across the width :nod::nod:
I am not quite sure if you are saying, but I am going to take aesthetically yes, thanks.