Visiting locomotives to the CFR.

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Number 7. A kit built "Katie" fitted with steam whistle, radio controlled gas regulator and SloMo.image.jpeg Rose. Fully lined out and fitted with LocoWorks running boards.image.jpeg Two fine products from Roundhouse Engineering found their way to the CFR this weekend. Both are "Katie" class locomotives. Does anyone on the forum recognise Rose?

Reactions: 3 users

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
A few pictures of the kit built "Katie". In service she performed faultlessly and the SloMo added an extra dimension to shunting operations. I'm sorely tempted to obtain one.image.jpeg Rear view of the cab.image.jpeg Interior of the cab showing radio controlled gas regulator and steam whistle fittings.image.jpeg A view of the chassis showing the SloMo.

Reactions: 2 users

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Great pics (clarity and detailing revealed). I'll have to do the lottery!

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
A few pictures of the kit built "Katie". In service she performed faultlessly and the SloMo added an extra dimension to shunting operations. I'm sorely tempted to obtain one.View attachment 229398 Rear view of the cab.View attachment 229397 Interior of the cab showing radio controlled gas regulator and steam whistle fittings.View attachment 229396 A view of the chassis showing the SloMo.
Do not be tempted Casey, indulge yourself. SloMo really us worth the cost and effort to fit. You have now seen for yourself the transformed running, well worth the cost.
JonD

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Is No 7 painted in BR blue....

railwayman198

Registered
24 Oct 2009
East London
Best answers
Country flag
No 7 looks very much like the loco that was sold on ebay a few weeks ago. I tried for it but was outbid. I'm pleased that it went to a good home.

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
No 7 looks very much like the loco that was sold on ebay a few weeks ago. I tried for it but was outbid. I'm pleased that it went to a good home.

It was indeed Philip. A beautiful runner, ideal for shunting.

Brad Smith

Registered
18 Aug 2023
Wisconsin
Best answers
Country flag
Please explain to me what a SloMo is and who installs it in a Roundhouse live steamer. I have two Roundhouse steamers, Russell and a Vale of Rheidol loco.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Please explain to me what a SloMo is and who installs it in a Roundhouse live steamer. I have two Roundhouse steamers, Russell and a Vale of Rheidol loco.
Brad, I wondered if this might help as it;s from your side of the pond, but having read the article, probably not so much

But this gives the brief

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Here are a couple of my threads about fitting a SloMo to Roundhouse locomotives. In essence it is a bit like an old type phone where the dial used to return via a slow geared mechanism. SloMo adds gears that makes slow running and even shunting a joy. They were available from Oz but the chap stopped making them earlier this year so sorry you have missed the boat I am afraid. Within my posts there are YouTube vids that show just how controllable they are when fitted. This was a do it yourself job, not for the faint hearted though I expect there may have been a fitter about in the UK, but never heard of one. There was never one for either Russell or Rheidol, however as the Russell is pretty much a Lady Anne I got one of those and it fitted just fine.

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Here are some pictures of the latest locom visitors:-
IMG_8345.jpeg

Roundhouse Engineering Vale of Reidol and Roundhouse Leek and Manifold locomotives.
IMG_8355.jpeg
Leek and Manifold.
IMG_8358.jpeg
Val of Riedol Locomotive.IMG_8406.jpeg
Locoworks Cackler.
IMG_8408.jpeg
Roundhouse Double Fairlie Locomotive.
IMG_8511.jpeg
Accucraft locomotive.
IMG_8511.jpeg
Accucraft and RWM locomotives.
IMG_8525.jpeg
Roundhouse Engineering Bertie and Katie.
IMG_8585.jpeg
Roundhouse Engineering Katie.
IMG_8586.jpeg
Roundhouse Engineering Katie and unidentified locomotiv.

Attachments

• IMG_8637.jpeg
    IMG_8637.jpeg
    1,018.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 1 users

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
A few more:-
IMG_8300.jpeg
Roundhouse Engineering Karen.
IMG_8268.jpeg

Roundhouse Engineering Millie.

IMG_8254.jpeg
Roundhouse Engineering Silver Lady.
IMG_8106.jpeg
Roundhouse Engineering Darjeeling D class.