Update pictures of Mining cars

Shawn

Hiking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing
Since G scale Mad was gone I did get my mining equipment dont. The ore cars are hartland ore cars. I put some wood decking on them, weathered the carts, put some Bachmann Knuckle Couplers on and the dumps I melted some dents into them. The Mach engine is also Hartland repainted and weathered.

2n03huu.jpg

2zqxzrk.jpg

I took my old gondola I made using a HLW flat. Now it sits outside the mine to rot. I put some hens and chicks instead. I got the idea from the Daisy Beach RR
2vlptu8.jpg

97se9h.jpg

14ad17a.jpg

Shawn

Hiking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing
Here is another update that took place in early Nov on the KMRR

The leaves are gone on the Kittatimmy Mt RR and now it is time to get things preped for the winter. The guys have a few projects underway like building a few shacks for the logging camp. Cant sleep out in the open getting too cold out. The forest service started putting up a fire tower for the spring fire season. With the logging going on their is a lot of fuel left on the ground. They also put up stronger trestles. The ones they had were not a good quality wood. Thanks to the CVRR they got some good stuff. What a difference. They still have to put the bents up along the sides. The guys named the ravine the Cumberland Ravine.
The guys also have been doing some work to get the mine up and running. they ordered three more ore cars from HLW and redoing the mack engine to fit the ore cars.
Oh and almost forgot the boss was away for the day and the guys decided it was time for a new engine. They needed something with a tender so they can have more fuel for running. Especially with the winter weather on its way. So they went out and bought a 2-4-2 Rogers. It was a perfect size for the KMRR and the price was right. Only problem is the boss does not know about it. Wait till the bill comes. So far they like the Rogers. A good runner and pulles the flats with no problems. It slows some on grades but might have to break itself in. It looks nice and new but give it a few months and it will look like the Dunkirk.
As you can see its been busy on the KMRR with a lot more to do. Hopefully come spring the limited passenger service will be available, a single stall engine house (that means another siding.) A few freight cars and a gondola will aslo be next on the ordering list. They should be good with engines for a while.
New improved Trestle thanks to the CVRR. The ravine is named after them the "Cumberland Ravine"
r28fu9.jpg

Hunting season is here. They better watch out. Those deer are lucky the engineer forget his gun LOL
2vdfhvo.jpg

Testing the new rogers on the grade
5x3m6g.jpg

Going over red rock
2e1wtjt.jpg

The S turns
33mrhqx.jpg

Dunkirk getting water while waiting for the log cars to empty. The engineer has a new partner - a dog
e71puh.jpg

Waiting for the logs to clear so they can unload the cars.
vxytt3.jpg

No wonder why nothing seems to be moving. the carriage seemed to jump the track.
zxmvqg.jpg

Rogers going by the siding for the sawmill
20qx5zp.jpg

Moose season is almost here. He could have dented the new engine.
15mo3k7.jpg

C&S

Registered
3 Nov 2009
Best answers
Great pictures. In particular, that trestle is ace. The proportions of the timber look just right. Please can you tell us the dimensions of the upright beams, the top transverse beams (same as the longitudinals below the sleepers/ties??) and the diagonal cross-braces. Also, how high is the track above the water-level? Many thanks in advance.