Tipper car operation video

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I am working on an automatic dumping system for the typical LGB tipper car. I remember a Youtube video where the tippers were pushed toward the unloading site, and a trackside ramp of sorts was used to lift an arm that was attached to the end of the tipper bucket. I can't seem to find that video. I was experimenting tonight with some stiff brass wire, and I must be missing something, besides my brain. Said it before you had the chance to. Does anyone recollect such a video?

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
No one here can reccollect that video on Youtube? :impatient:

Tony

Model railways
28 Feb 2010
East coast Essex
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Its no help but i seem to recall something gscale that was a dead straight double length of track at eye level it had a auto tipping mech at one end and a convayor that ran all the way under the track to the other end to a loading hopper, it ran a couple of large USA locos each with a rake of small hoppers that just shuttled back and forwards, good engineering but frankly quite pointless, think the guy even ran it to a time table

Tony

UKSGR

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Bournemouth
Best answers
Country flag
I remember that video. I think it was from an exhibition visit by 1 of the members and it may have been on here rather than you-tube. The wagon came along and an arm was operated from behind. Not too sure that it wasn't hand operated but it was good. I think there were other operating scenes too. Hope it is found as it was a good inspiration.

Mice 1

C M E Lentil Soup Works Railway
24 Oct 2009
Mid Wales
Best answers
Hi.
Which tipper wagons had you in mind? I have used the green LGB Feldbahn with side opening doors in a semi automatic mode on the LSWR. I don?t have a video but could take a few photos.
Mike

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
There is a G scale layout called "The Lentil Soup Works Railway" which visits many exhibitions in the UK and uses LGB feldbahn stock with working tippers etc.

I can't find any videos of it on youtube, but someone may have taken something at one of the shows?

Tony

Model railways
28 Feb 2010
East coast Essex
www.facebook.com
Best answers
SGR said:
I remember that video. I think it was from an exhibition visit by 1 of the members and it may have been on here rather than you-tube. The wagon came along and an arm was operated from behind. Not too sure that it wasn't hand operated but it was good. I think there were other operating scenes too. Hope it is found as it was a good inspiration.

Not sure thats the one i remember this one was outside and as the wagons were reversed the chassis went under a ledge to stop them lifting off the track while the hopper then was nudged by a sticky out static wedge on the side of a building that tipped it, the train didnt stop it just backed slowly tipping each one in turn, The load then fell down onto a convayor that ran the whole length of the railway to the other end where the load was raised up into a mill style building which droped a wagon load into each passing hopper of the other train.
I know there were two FA style locos and 2 rakes of wagons, Other than the two building at each end there was no other sceanary and it was raised on a board no more than 2 feet wide proberly 30ft long and set in open countryside (not in an enclosed garden)
after all that i proberly dreamed it :rofl:
Tony

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Tony, that sounds the closest to the one I remember. The tippers were pushed through an unloading station of sorts. The buckets were raised by a wedge shaped apparatus on one side of the track. And I believe the buckets remained tipped while the train backed out of the station. Also, it was outdoors as you stated.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Mice 1 said:
Hi.
Which tipper wagons had you in mind? I have used the green LGB Feldbahn with side opening doors in a semi automatic mode on the LSWR. I don?t have a video but could take a few photos.
Mike

I am taliking about the "V" shaped bucket tippers.