Taurus Horn Sound

silverflyer

G Scale, Photography,
26 Oct 2009
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Best answers
Hi,
I have a Piko Taurus running on Battery/RC and would like to had a Horn Sound to it.

Ant idea's what to use, RC does have a spare chanel which could be used for switiching on/off.

Thanks

Bruce.

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Bruce,

My low cost soundcards at www.mylocosound.com will do the job. It now has both single and dual tone horns.

Regards
Peter Lucas

silverflyer

G Scale, Photography,
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
Thanks Peter,
I am very pleased with the one Igot from you for my LGB U Class.
I will be in touch very soon.

Regards

Bruce.

WKDOR

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Welsh Marches
Best answers
Country flag
Bruce

Do you know which card this was for a U Class, please? When you say you're pleased with it, are you comparing it with anybody else's

I like the idea (and price!) of these but am a bit put off by the sound of the demos on the website - especially the whistles! Maybe the reality is better than the demo.............

Mike

silverflyer

G Scale, Photography,
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
WKDOR - 29/10/2009 7:18 PM

Bruce

Do you know which card this was for a U Class, please? When you say you're pleased with it, are you comparing it with anybody else's

I like the idea (and price!) of these but am a bit put off by the sound of the demos on the website - especially the whistles! Maybe the reality is better than the demo.............

Mike

I ordered the British steam card, the whistle tone is ajustable so I tweaked it until I found a tone that I liked.
Just about evrything is ajustable, tone, volume, chuff rate etc, great value and great sevice, thanks to Peter at Mylocosound.

Regards

Bruce.

WKDOR

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Welsh Marches
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks very much Bruce.

That sounds (!) very encouraging.

Mike

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
The MyLocoSound soundcard will work with DCC decoders as long as they have the following outputs:

A constant voltage of at least 7.5 volts which is connected to the VS and GND terminals on the soundcard

A DC motor output which varies from zero to not more than 30 volts. This is connected to the M1/M2 terminals on the soundcard.

A function output which triggers the horn or whistle. If the output goes to ground then it is connected to the soundcard H1 terminal. If it goes high ie. it is positive, then it is connected to the H2 terminal.

The brand of the DCC decoder does not matter as long as it has these outputs.

There are MyLocoSound soundcards for diesel and steam not, I'm afraid, for electric locos.

Regards
Peter

silverflyer

G Scale, Photography,
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
Moonraker - 30/10/2009 12:42 PM

The MyLocoSound soundcard will work with DCC decoders as long as they have the following outputs:

A constant voltage of at least 7.5 volts which is connected to the VS and GND terminals on the soundcard

A DC motor output which varies from zero to not more than 30 volts. This is connected to the M1/M2 terminals on the soundcard.

A function output which triggers the horn or whistle. If the output goes to ground then it is connected to the soundcard H1 terminal. If it goes high ie. it is positive, then it is connected to the H2 terminal.

The brand of the DCC decoder does not matter as long as it has these outputs.

There are MyLocoSound soundcards for diesel and steam not, I'm afraid, for electric locos.

Regards
Peter

Hi Peter,

Am i right in thinking that if you use a diesel card in an elecric loco, if you do not connect the motor you can still u7se the two tone horn on one of the aux chanels.

Regards

Bruce.

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Bruce,

That is correct. You could also turn the engine volume down and the rate up so that it sounds more like an electric loco.

Regards
Peter

silverflyer

G Scale, Photography,
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
Moonraker - 31/10/2009 1:33 AM

Bruce,

That is correct. You could also turn the engine volume down and the rate up so that it sounds more like an electric loco.

Regards
Peter

Thank you Peter,

I had not thought about altering the diesel sound, I will place an order this coming week.

Regards

Bruce.