minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
robsmorgan said:
Looking really inspiring Miniman :admire:
(always wanted a Hillman Imp myself) Rob
I spent the 1st four years of my apprentiship working on hillman Imp's! 'Orrible little motors!!!

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
paul your railway is wonderful
thanks for the pics

i partuclarly like the broken box car-was that a woodedn kit left to disintegrate or did you intned as a derelict-looks most authentic

i only wish my okd layout would have looked as habitable come spring

while now dismantled as of last November (in anticipation of the upcoming rennovation of my kitchen family room sun room and patio area-oy! )

typically mine looks like death-no plants have survived the Colorado winter (rarely do they make it all summer in fact) being in the shade, and then the hot august- 

matted leaves and debris from the trees,  

and my buildings are always breaking down in some fashion-despite being shaded-flower boxes, gutters, and the odd bits falling off in need of glue-yours look great-not even dirty or faded

my ROW usually is in need of re-leveling and added ballast

However-once this (nightmare) project is finished (november if im lucky) 

it will be a new, properly built railway-suitable for electrics and live steam-at least thats the plan-that is if im still sane after six or seven months of construction-then again, by the time this mess is finished,  i may have had it with projects for a while-

minimans

24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
stevedenver said:
paul your railway is wonderful
thanks for the pics

i partuclarly like the broken box car-was that a woodedn kit left to disintegrate or did you intned as a derelict-looks most authentic

The Boxcar was a gift from somebody many years ago it is a 1920's Buddy L Std gauge I was going to put in a short section of track to show off the narrow gauge track but never got around to it. so it has always been out as a derilict or grounded storage shack. In Southern Cal where we used to live it just stayed the same but it's been out probably 8 or 9 years here and has deteriated to the point where it would be difficult to repair so here it will live out it's life........................

pictures from the start and today....................
c4277f5f0e384969853b020f3dd289b0.jpg

b43cb80956384b01aaadc71950bc9901.jpg

ab8078b2b6e54ee8b2a2e46c86e94bc8.jpg

aed3d464e1d7481497552d1fc185b941.jpg

minimans

24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
WOW In the last post I used a picture from 8 or 9 years ago so I thought I would try to replicate it from today can't get it exact coz there's a fence in the way now but it's close enough!!

9f2371df91124955be35f8aec9861bf5.jpg

b6ac1c844ebe477085136c33f104282b.jpg

Martino

Photography, The GWR, Aviation, Travel, Cars.
24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Great plants Paul, love the babies tears. I'd really like to see if I can that to grow in a shady, moist part of my yard.

The railroad really looks great.

steve parberry

G Scale Trains
25 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
Just looking at the images:clap::clap::clap:

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Great stuff Paul
Just found this thread
Your line has bags of atmosphere. The planting is a real joy. We have had a pretty dry summer and winter, just past, and the the water companies have put a hosepipe and spray ban already. Of course as soon as they did that we have had a week of rain!
I installed three extra water-buts to go with the three I had already put in on the downpipes. So the planting will hopefully last through this summer. But it is good to see that you have a built in 'industry strength' solution.
I also notice the lack of the 'doggy' improvements to your line................

minimans

24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
Thanks for reviving this thread!! bought back some good memories! unfortunately the railway no longer looks so good it's been neglected for the last couple of years due to family problems and what not, and has gone to seed quite badly, now I just clear a path for the times I want to run a train or two. but in the spirit of completing the story I will try to get some photo's at the weekend of how it looks now. But now with the new love of my life to support me I intend to get the railway back to good health!!
Oh and the dogs still dig holes! just last week i latched the gate open while working in the garden and they got onto the railway and dug large holes and ate the shrubbery!! but I still love them............................Just.........................