Searching for an L&N Boxcar

steampower

Registered
22 Apr 2020
Georgia
Best answers
Hi all, I have been searching for this particular L&N boxcar for quite some time now, but have had no luck. I have checked on Ebay and other auction sites for it quite periodically but, again, have never seen it anywhere. I have attached a picture below of the boxcar in question, and I do apologize for the poor image quality as it was all I could find! The picture comes from a restaurant in Mississippi which has a G-Scale layout running around the ceiling. I'm guessing the car is by LGB, based on the fact that all the other equipment in the restaurant is LGB.

I also understand that USA Trains produces a similar L&N boxcar, but looking at images of it, it does not have the same coloring or fonts.

If anyone could give me some pointers on who manufactures this car, or where to even begin looking for it, that would be great!

L_N Boxcar.png

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all, I have been searching for this particular L&N boxcar for quite some time now, but have had no luck. I have checked on Ebay and other auction sites for it quite periodically but, again, have never seen it anywhere. I have attached a picture below of the boxcar in question, and I do apologize for the poor image quality as it was all I could find! The picture comes from a restaurant in Mississippi which has a G-Scale layout running around the ceiling. I'm guessing the car is by LGB, based on the fact that all the other equipment in the restaurant is LGB.

I also understand that USA Trains produces a similar L&N boxcar, but looking at images of it, it does not have the same coloring or fonts.

If anyone could give me some pointers on who manufactures this car, or where to even begin looking for it, that would be great!

View attachment 264986
Aristocraft did one in G scale. Lionel also issued a model, but I think that was in O scale. There is a photo of the Aristo version on the net but the colour seems much darker than your pic.