Road surfaces

• Hi Guest

We will be moving G Scale Central to a new server at 7pm GMT on Monday 30th January, if you see this message after that time then you are still on the old server so do not post anything as it will not be transferred to the new one. Once this message is no longer visible to you, then you are on the new server.

There will be no site changes at all, just moving to a new server (faster, shinier, better etc etc)

Paul

scook

Registered
24 Oct 2009
leicester, 3cag
Best answers
Country flag
Hi,

I have a small section where I’d like to lay a road surface on my outdoor line, I’m after some inspiration, any pictures of your garden railway roads would be appreciated !
thanks Sam

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Roof felt or real tarmac from a diy shop is my suggestion….

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Finer surfaced roofing felt is good. On my line, I used spare floor tiles, to simulate a concrete finish, which has the advantage that I can walk on the road, for access. Resin-bonded gravel can look good too, though it is pricey and needs to be put down in warmer weather, on a well supported foundation.
tile_as_road.jpg

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Finer surfaced roofing felt is good. On my line, I used spare floor tiles, to simulate a concrete finish, which has the advantage that I can walk on the road, for access. Resin-bonded gravel can look good too, though it is pricey and needs to be put down in warmer weather, on a well supported foundation.
View attachment 307157
I like the Jeep Martyn!

Is it a repaint of something....

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I use roofing felt for sheds 20221013_144215.jpg

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
I like the Jeep Martyn!

Is it a repaint of something....
I think it was an Italeri 1:24 kit, built as supplied, with my own decals and rebadged as a Spanish-built Wilys-Viasa jeep. There were lots of nice extras left over, to go in the bits box, too.