Replacement smoke element for Aristocraft.

andyspencer

Registered
30 Oct 2009
West Midlands
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all,

I've got an Aristocraft GE U25-B loco that has a burnt out heater element in the smoke unit.

Firstly has anybody got one they'd sell? What have people replaced these with?

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Need to know the year of manufacture, before 2002, the smoke unit pictured is correct. After it is the more modern one. The trucks have changed over time, as well as sound unit availability.

The year of manufacture is on the loco normally.

Greg

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Need to know the year of manufacture, before 2002, the smoke unit pictured is correct. After it is the more modern one. The trucks have changed over time, as well as sound unit availability.
The year of manufacture is on the loco normally.
Greg

The pictures in the two different links do look different unless it is from a different angle. His shipping has changed now. I think my purchase there of a different item has caused him to realize a shipping error.
He tends to have the same shipping cost for all his items for convenience so if you did your homework at USPS first, you might be able to convince him to do better shipping via a promised refund. He is helping an older gent sell a collection so is not fussing over the details which exacerbates OS shipping fees. ;)