Regner 'Konrad' bash.

Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Best answers
Country flag
Looks Brilliant Bill , post loads more of your layout and projects please :clap:

Ferrysteam

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Co Durham
Best answers
Bill Reynolds said:
I have just been looking at this forum's live steam section and thought you might like to see my Regner bashed locomotive. The one stumbling block with this engine is the gas control valve! It is either full on or off. Strange that a country that produces BMW motorcycles cannot produce a gas control valve with a finer tapering point. Most pictures I see of this engine has the safety valve is blowing off, this is on account of the gas valve inner profile. Just as well that I have the water top-up valve fitted as the boiler water exits quickly via the pressure valve as steam! Hope the picture gets through!

images

Hi Bill and welcome.Love it.As for the valve,make sure the tank is empty then unscrew the valve and put some Vaseline on it,it's probably sticking.

Doug

Live Steam, scratch building
24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
Loco and the line look great, more pics/details please!

Ferrysteam

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Co Durham
Best answers
Did you do the engine yourself?

Chris Bird

Steam,gardening, photography
14 Dec 2009
Dorset
Best answers
Hi Bill
That loco is superb - an inspiration as always with your railway. More photos would be noce!
Cheers
Chris

corgi

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Best answers
It certainly looks the bee's knee's now. Yes please more pics.

dgt

STEAM
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Welcome Bill!
Excellent 'bash' - I love it. I've seen bits of your line over on 7/8ths; it really is the business. Hope to see more of it (and you of course) here.

Dave

steamtom1

Live Steam
26 Oct 2009
mssls.info
Best answers
This wonderful steam rail bus, similar to an Australian Coffee Pot, showed up at Diamondhead last week. I think it started life as a Regner Konrad.

Regner%20Coffee%20Pot.JPG

StephH

7/8ths and 1/12th modeling in Railways and Birdwat
24 Oct 2009
Derbyshire
gardenrailway.webs.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Bill,

Surprise to see you venturing over here into the world of G scale..... maybe we can try to convert more to the darkside eh! I have always admired "Nipper" there,  lovely transformation...

Have to say the AC line looks better all the time!

ATB

Steph'

hobbyfossi201

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Hi Bill!

Your Loco looks brilliant, lot´s of ideas for the bashers out there.

In regard to the steam valve I can report that my Regners are really well controllable, therefore I would suggest - if Vaseline doesn´t help - to have a look on the thread or the needlepoint.

regards
Klaus

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
that photo is simply stunning:clap: