Red oxide rattle can?

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Anyone recomend one? Pics if you have em.....

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
CoggesRailway said:
For a matt finish - Halfords red plastic primer.

a7e9a577f7b143708577b64c41b37ac8.jpg

For a gloss finish - Rover Damask Red.

bb4ad5bb08f4427f96dee27b84af2d5b.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Thanks mel

Dtsteam

G Scale, Travel, Steam Boats, Mechanical Music
24 Oct 2009
Preston
Best answers
Country flag
I like the Halfords primer because it dries quickly. I bought some Simoniz stuff on ebay, and although it gives a similar finish its a lot wetter and takes longer to dry. You can just about dust the Halfords stuff on, but not the Simoniz. On the other hand Halford primer is nearly 7 quid a pop against 4 for the Simoniz.

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I like the Halfords primer because it dries quickly. I bought some Simoniz stuff on ebay, and although it gives a similar finish its a lot wetter and takes longer to dry. You can just about dust the Halfords stuff on, but not the Simoniz. On the other hand Halford primer is nearly 7 quid a pop against 4 for the Simoniz.
Have to say I am a great lover of the Halfords Rattle Cans in:-
Red oxide
Matt black
Grey primer
Matt white
All are very good for their uses and dry well with no tears if tou are careful to not try to cover too quickly. A tip upside down and spray into a bix when finished will preserve the Spray Head well so the Larger Cans are worth getting.

Reactions: 1 user

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
Have to say I am a great lover of the Halfords Rattle Cans in:-
Red oxide
Matt black
Grey primer
Matt white
All are very good for their uses and dry well with no tears if tou are careful to not try to cover too quickly. A tip upside down and spray into a bix when finished will preserve the Spray Head well so the Larger Cans are worth getting.

Just leave troubllesome nozzles in a drop of Celly thinners overnight, and blow through backwards.

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
I have started to use Hycot plastic primers they cover well, dry as quick as the Halford's primers, but are around £2 cheaper a can and they are 400mil cans. I get mine through Amazon with free delivery. I have used their matt black as well and it dies dry matt black unlike some.