RA and BSI Paint Colours

alec dawe

Railways, Cars, Wine!
11 Dec 2010
East Anglia, 32A Norwich.
Best answers
This can't be a 'product' review yet, because I haven't used it, but this is a review of remarkable service.
In my search for Harzerbahnen colours, which I was kindly informed were RA colours, RA 3004 and RA 1014 respectively, I was trawling the Internet, and came across a company in the south of England who will mix and fill aerosol cans with any colour of the RA and BSI ranges, so yesterday, at about 16.30 I ordered two cans of the ivory, two cans because for two or more you get free delivery.
The cans were delivered by courier (can't put aerosols in the Royal Mail these days), at 11.30 this morning!
I consider this to be outstanding service, in this day and age.
If I am allowed to name the company, they are Zehno-G, based in Portsmouth. ( mods, please remove if I shouldn't name the company).

I'll do a report on the paint itself when I've used it!

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
Did you try taking the RA spec to your local Halfords? They fill Aerosols to colour specs.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, Halfords offer the same service. I wanted a standard RAL colour of Konigblau for a THW civil protection custom and just went along to Halfords with the RAL number 5002 and they made it up while I waited.

alec dawe

Railways, Cars, Wine!
11 Dec 2010
East Anglia, 32A Norwich.
Best answers
Damn, I didn't know that.

Mind you, our local Halfords staff probably are challenged mixing their coffee, let alone paint.

Chris

Trains, Model railways, Photography, Land Rover's
26 Oct 2009
Somewhere cold and damp
Best answers
Country flag
I have found Halfords a bit hit and miss with consistency, I had several cans of BL Flame Red mixed and they are all slightly different shades.