Project-plan for a major change and indoor expansion

coyote97

RR, technical things, 4x4
9 Dec 2009
southern Germany
Best answers
plan to change my main station a bit.

The turning-loop will be switched to be driven from the line (now i just can switch back to it..no direct access). Instead of a "head"-station, it wll turn to a "through" station, the former mainstation-tracks will change to goods- or switching track (where the long train stands...)
The former line-track from station to junction (junction is the part hard-left) there will be 2 tracks for siding and double junction to the left (what now is just a simple one).

the green-blue tracks are the ones to be layed new
the orange ones are existing
the darkblue track is the "indoor"-project (i got a room free in my flat....formerly the sleeping room)

on my site http://www.g-scale-structures.de/ < Link To www.g-scale-structures.de u can find the original status in the pictures section. Especially the junction.
So u can imagine where the lines go to the left of the junction.

b2f3bd9f73934c3aaeb1cd114e0cdb15.jpg

2d2d9efcca6b446e8604b22ae964664c.jpg

this is the junction now. the plan lays in front of this picture, means, the picture shows just the 2 switches at the outer left of the plan.

6fc621824e3a4328964a4ea81c93ba37.jpg

thats a view of the station-tracks as they are now. U can see that the turning loop is reachable just by driving from the line in the station and then heading back. Trains are limited to 6 or 7 cars to do this.
The new plan would make the direct drive-through possible.

What do u think of that plan?

Frank

coyote97

9 Dec 2009
southern Germany
Best answers
Re:project-plan for a mayor change and indoor expansion

just a test to show the main-changes

2a5aa614ba494dd9ad79ac4f80ff9d2c.jpg

Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Best answers
Country flag

WOW, Brilliant garden,railway and web site :clap:

coyote97

9 Dec 2009
southern Germany
Best answers

thank u Steve.

Perhaps, when i´ve done some measurments in the garden, i will send the whole layout.
Just to have a clue:
the lower line from the junction leads to just a stub-station with a turn-triangle. The station lies badly to reach under a balcon, so there will be just 2 bump-tracks that can be fed from one side and the loco-turn-triangle to have the possibility o come out this station in a "right" way, means loco forward. The triangle will lay reachable, so all switching is taken out of the area with difficult access.

the upper line leads to a pass-station, simple, just a siding and a bump-track. A Loop goes arround that station and comes back on the same line.

I have not enough space to build a real "pass-situation". So i thought a lot for that solution that needs some fantasy:

The lower line is a branchline, trains who ride down there will come up. Sadly i could not install a loop: too narrow. So the triangle thing takes place there befoe the stationtracks are leading into the narrows.

The upper line are (theoreticaly) TWO lines:
The line comes from the plains (darkblue-indoor, no real station, just my storage) and goes into Vallecito, the station on the plan.
From Vallecito it goes double-track to the junction where the lines are splitted: the lower line to the branch and the upper line to the pass.

When a train passes the pass-station, it goes through a loop and comes back down. But now we are (theoretically) on the other side of the pass.
So that train passes Vallecito as if it wouldnt be there (becaus theoretically it doesnt pass Vallecito) and disappears in the house (dark blue indoor)

There in the storage i think to have a second station "beyond the pass".

Coming out the darkblue area, that train passes Vallecito (theo.) oncemore, goes up the line (on the junction just upwards, because there is no junction (theo.), first goes through the loop, then enters the pass-station.
Coming back down, NOW that train passes the junction and makes a stop in Vallecito, before it leaves back to the dark-blue-area in the house (now the plains where the train once came from).

See the idea????

A bit complicated, i know...sorry...

Frank

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

Looking forward to seeing more of this layout and its improvements, Frank....

coyote97

9 Dec 2009
southern Germany
Best answers

now i have done some work to make it better understandable.

the one pic (all orange) shows the situation now.

6458d2eb92474163a7692e96c3e10469.jpg

the other pic is the expansion plan and shows how the lines are connected.
The blue lines on the left are (more or less) existing (needs expansion, too). But it will be like this.

9005e6d67cf7429083fd8e8fd41afd04.jpg

coyote97

9 Dec 2009
southern Germany
Best answers
and last a line-plan on google earth.
If u want to find it, its just a cat-jump east of Durango

So, that is the CCRR:

93dc0386734848c093363cf7793ee067.jpg

peterbunce

1880's Colorado Narrow gauge on 45mm track
29 Oct 2009
east of manchester
Best answers
Hi Frank,

Looks like a good idea, a fair amount of mountain climbing (in the 12" to 1 foot world) involved there !

Back to 1/15th scale your new plan will be much better, and provide covered (ready to run?) storage for you in the old bedroom.

Yours Peter.

coyote97

9 Dec 2009
southern Germany
Best answers
yes,

in this room i will have a place to do some works like brush-paintings and minor (lol---no fault possible.."mynor" looks silly) benchwork (changing coupler etc.)

There are 2 longer bump-tracks where i can store a "ready to run" train, but i can get a loco from the shed, too.
Im driving on battery power, so on most places indoors there will be connections for charging (all my changed locos have a wire with a connection on the front and back-bar.
I can switch this wire just as "through"-wire but also switch the battery on it (to charge or to give power from this battery to another loco) and i can seperately switch the loco-net to this wire. Thats for connecting the battery via wire to the loco-net.
Switching the battery off it allows me to power the loco from another source (e.g. a battery-equiped Caboose).

the short "tail" on the indoor layout leads to a second, deeper level where there is much more space for storage. But i have to built in a removable bridge to pass the room-door.

So, the upper tracks are the "fast-on-duty" tracks, while the lower tracks store the seldom used cars (or to be taken out later...)

Moving 2 longer trains takes 2 or 3 hours, so the fast-duty trains will be the easiest to use for a normal duty-day.

Frank