PROGRAMMING SOUND FILES ON MASSOTH XLS DECODER

TONYWARD50

Tadpole sexing</br>
16 Nov 2009
North Dorset
Best answers
I used to be ok with reading instructions but I am at a loss to understand how to program a Massoth decoder with the requisite sound.
I have the following:
massoth Dimax 1200
Massoth PC Module USB
Massoth XLS Decoder

I have connected up and the PC Module will read and write values (according to my PC which I am running fro the CD supplied with the PC Modules) but the only sound I get is a steam sound - a bit off-putting when I am trying to download a diesel sound !!

Can anyone explain in words of one syllable where I am going wrong.
I have downloaded a sound file (I believe) and when I open it the program starts...
Help !!!!!

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Tony, you need to...

connect the PC module to the PC and a power supply.
connect the decoder to the PC module. The decoder needs to be "loaded", i.e. connect it to a motor.

Run the Dimax Service tool software (downloadable from the Massoth download center).
Select the required sound file.
Selecte the correct communications port.
and off it will go....

TONYWARD50

Tadpole sexing</br>
16 Nov 2009
North Dorset
Best answers
Mark, Thanks but that has already been done.
I do not understand how to add the sound file.
The CVs are being written so communication with the decoder is OK.
For some reason I do not think that the sound file has been incorporated within the download.
Today i spoke to Jermy at Dragon G-Scale and he has his sound files loaded onto his hard drive.
In the last few weeks he has been unable to load any of these sounds too......

Any other thoughts ?

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
Best answers
Country flag
Tony,

There are 2 programs from Massoth, one is the Service tool that is used to upload sounds and firmware to decoders and other Massoth equipment, the other is the DCC programmer which allows you to change CV settings.

Specific sounds have to be downloaded from the Massoth Download center. they have the ".eMotion" file extension.

The update software is Very simple. Run it and it will ask you to select the file to upload. Once selected it will then adk you to select the communication interface so that it can talk to the PC module. Then it will upload the file.....

Images of the previous version of the update software can be seen here: http://www.gscalecentral.net/fb.ashx?m=99298 the latest version is very similar.

TONYWARD50

Tadpole sexing</br>
16 Nov 2009
North Dorset
Best answers
Sorry, Mark, this is a real mystery...
The files you mention (eMotionfiles) are also contained on the CD.
I can open the interface but there is no request for which sound file I want to load.

Regards
Tony

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
Best answers
Country flag
When you run the update program, does it look similar to the pictures posted in the thread mentioned above?