Country flag
persil power:clap:

Nemo

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
Best answers
Country flag
The launderette is the same model as the top half of the Pola signal box, just a different colour......:confused:

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
Nothing new, the top of the signal box has been a handful of other buildings already for nearly 20 years under two different brand names.

But, unfortunately nothing really new other than the stones. Could be worse, Piko have reportedly stopped production of several of their 1:22,5 buildings.

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
i think its interesting how POLA is bundling-
a trend now for a year or more
like the coal yard or the post office

vehicles with older buildings
the group of lineside items with the water crane

i really like the stone system-but i suspect is would be outrageously costly to do anything of any larger ilk

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Didn't I hear some years ago about Faller/Pola nearly going bust, around the time that LGB's troubles started? Anyone know what happened, they're obviously still going?

Jon.

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
Zerogee said:
Didn't I hear some years ago about Faller/Pola nearly going bust, around the time that LGB's troubles started? Anyone know what happened, they're obviously still going?

Jon.

Good memory Jon, not bust per se, a consolidation bankruptcy, and was back in operation (January) and (April) out from under court control in 2010.

It can be done quickly when Goldman Sachs are not involved?8|

metzbahner

Registered
10 May 2010
www.etsy.com
Best answers
its a shame that Pola is not out in front anymore....impeccable quality , even great instruction manuals for the standard kits.

it doesn't matter to me if they don't produce anything "new"...just re-release all the great stuff they already have the molds for. getting hold of a pola kit complete is not easy, and usually you must get it second hand. they have horrible distribution --almost non-existant in USA.

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
Metz-

Being part of the Faller group, any Walthers dealer can get them in the US.....as long as it is available from Germany.

http://www.walthers.com/exec/manuinfo/578/Pola.html

....and some small local dealers will give a discount from time to time.

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
i love POLA
but if they really only had success when associated with LGB, via cross marketing
and Marklin isnt doing that anymore
combined with the current retail prices i see in the US
if the same is the case across the pond

they will be a thing of the past soon i imagine