PLR - Loco roster

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
A short video showing the current roster of locos on the Peckforton Light Railway - all but one are now battery powered

https://youtu.be/2_CUaLJp7r0

Rik

gregh

electronics, computers and scratchbuilding
1 Nov 2009
Sydney, Australia
www.members.optusnet.com.au
Best answers
Country flag
That's a nice stable of locos. You'll be able to run a very intensive service with those.

A very clever video with the inserted pics and descriptions.

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
gregh said:
That's a nice stable of locos. You'll be able to run a very intensive service with those.
A very clever video with the inserted pics and descriptions.
Thanks Greg
When I first planned the railway, I decided I would need only three locos, maybe four (giving me one as a spare). My railway was inspired by the Welshpool & Llanfair, The Southwold and to some extent, the Leek & Manifold - these had only two, three (or four, depending on the period), and two locos respectively - and so I felt I could run a realistic UK NG railway with no more than four. However, once I'd constructed the first four, I kept seeing prototypes which were not available commercially and I thought - I'd love to see what she's like running on a railway - and that's how the loco stock grew. Really, though, I have only six 'proper' steam locos - the rest are a nod to the 'mucky diesel' era which followed WWI which, as my railway is set in 1932, I felt would have encroached.

Thanks for your suggestion about including info on the batteries btw. Hopefully the inserts will give a feel for what goes on 'under the bonnet'.

Rik

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
a98087 said:
Cracking video, the marching paint jobs really real adds to the realism,

Dan
Hi Dan
Took me a while to work out this was a typo - I was even considering looking up on Google what 'marching' livery was - thought it might have something to do with military railways ... :D

Rik

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
Great video. Even the hand-of-God control on the Fowler didn't detract. If anything for me it enhanced the video and made it more "quirky"

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
3Valve said:
Great video. Even the hand-of-God control on the Fowler didn't detract. If anything for me it enhanced the video and may it more "quirky"
I must tell the wife - she sometimes doubts my omnipotence!

Rik

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
Can't believe I made this video in 2015 and I also created a blog post describing my loco roster in the same year but, of course, that is now way out of date. At that time, I had a mix of track and battery powered locos.

So, I've now created a much more up to date roster of my present stock of locos. I know most of you will have already seen them - but not all in one place.

Rik

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Can't believe I made this video in 2015 and I also created a blog post describing my loco roster in the same year but, of course, that is now way out of date. At that time, I had a mix of track and battery powered locos.

So, I've now created a much more up to date roster of my present stock of locos. I know most of you will have already seen them - but not all in one place.

Rik
Nice upgrade with the loco roster on the blog might pinch ermm..... clone the idea.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag

Rik
Nice I assume done in a Database?

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
Nice I assume done in a Database?
No, manually. In fact, I had to create the tables with html code so very much belt and braces. The Blogger editor is very basic.

Rik