planning to try kitbashing an Eztec Mogul

NorthwestGarrattGuy

Some young foamer from seattle
1 Oct 2021
Seattle, Washington
kaedmonkeirbrannan.wixsite.com
Best answers
Country flag
i have an old eztec mogul that we used to run around the christmas tree i have to kitbash multiple times in the past the most recent was in 2019 but never got anywhere but now i have the knowledge and some of the tools (though our workshop won't be ready for another few weeks) to actully turn it into something

Attachments

• B&Omogul.jpg
    B&Omogul.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Duluth&IronRangeLoco.jpg
    Duluth&IronRangeLoco.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN8314.JPG
    DSCN8314.JPG
    498.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN8315.JPG
    DSCN8315.JPG
    528.7 KB · Views: 0

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Go for it, suggest that the Duluth may be a simpler option due to the lack of splashers right next to the wheel as they are on the BnO one.

NorthwestGarrattGuy

1 Oct 2021
Seattle, Washington
Best answers
Country flag
Go for it, suggest that the Duluth may be a simpler option due to the lack of splashers right next to the wheel as they are on the BnO one.
yeah i was thinking that also its actully going to be a Union Pacific Locomotive but early UP motive is hard to find good pictures

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
yeah i was thinking that also its actully going to be a Union Pacific Locomotive but early UP motive is hard to find good pictures
Hm well this link will show UP narrow gauge locomotives as gained (I think) from sundry railways. A google search for pictures of the types may help.

Or could it be that UP got rid of NG Before many pictures taken?

John Fedak

Registered
2 Dec 2019
Ottawa Ontario
Best answers
Country flag
i have an old eztec mogul that we used to run around the christmas tree i have to kitbash multiple times in the past the most recent was in 2019 but never got anywhere but now i have the knowledge and some of the tools (though our workshop won't be ready for another few weeks) to actully turn it into something
Please keep us up to date on your progress! I am planning to do a kit bash as well on an Eztec loco and tender but fit the body on an LGB mogul motor block and use the tender for RC, battery and sound. Keeping the original configuration of the toy like body. Got the parts just need to start.

NorthwestGarrattGuy

1 Oct 2021
Seattle, Washington
Best answers
Country flag
Hm well this link will show UP narrow gauge locomotives as gained (I think) from sundry railways. A google search for pictures of the types may help.

Or could it be that UP got rid of NG Before many pictures taken?
oh wait i should mention i want to make it look a bit more like a Union Pacific Standard gauge mogul