Piko railbus decoder fitting- help!

hornbeam

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
Hi,

I kn ow this has been covered on the old forum but I need to fit a decoder to my Piko railbus. Has anyone got pics on how they did it? Also can I use the standard LGB decoder on it?

Many thanks.

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
hornbeam said:
Hi,

I kn ow this has been covered on the old forum but I need to fit a decoder to my Piko railbus. Has anyone got pics on how they did it? Also can I use the standard LGB decoder on it?

Many thanks.

Hi - I see someone has already pointed you to my article on how I DCCed my Railbus. You could fit an LGB 55021, but only with difficulty: you'd have to either put it in the toilet compartment, carefully bending the connectors to fit, or put the decoder on the floor of the passenger compartment with connecting wires via a hole.

In my view it's far better to use a Massoth XL which has screw connectors, works with NMRA or LGB DCC flavours without adjusting CVs and is rated up to 3 amps continuous use. The VT98 will draw up to 2 amps on tight curves or grades, so an ordinary 55021 LGB chip is going to be pushed to its limits.

Feel free to PM me if anything else required.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
hornbeam said:
Hi,

Many thanks.

i REALLY wouldnt use a lgb mts 2 on the piko railbus, the chips limeted to 1 amp.. piko surgest there railbus draws up to 2 amps