Piko 37610 - deary me

RH Prague

Central European. the station pub is Czech !!
28 Oct 2009
Prague
Best answers
Country flag
So, I asked before, I'll put it another way, can you add more vertical travel to the center axle, both up and down? (up likely being the most important)

Hi Greg - and everyone,

I did not mean to ignore your post, but I am a bit green and not technically as smart as you guys so basically, I was not sure what you meant in your original post. Well looking at it now, if the question is, can I push the axles up and down, the answer is yes, in respect of the middle axle only. Or rather the complete frame that holds the axle has some play in it, and that appears to be the design.

Yes the diameter of the wheels on this thing is significantly bigger than the metal wheels I have available, which are not LGB but have fitted my LGB vehicles (and the lone Chinese open tourist coach) very well.

I think overall though I have to start with levelling out that gradient; it does not derail anything else but my ZB locos tend to wheelslip when going up there. Then maybe metal wheels, although I slightly begrudge having to buy Piko ones. .

I guess I have purchased a Werkstattwagen which has a built-in facility to detect when some Werk is needed on my track :) Thanks, Piko. Not sure I will be buying any more coaches from you, though.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
You might be able to enlarge the journals in the middle axle (that is where the axle tips reside)... this then could allow the middle axle to "retract" as it crests a hill, and thus not "high center", or put the leading axle up in the air..

Something to look at, perhaps others that own this model can look to see if they believe this is possible.

The enlarging would be to increase the hole to a vertical slot, upwards in the journal. Maybe only a few mm.. it should make a big difference.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
A thought occurs to me.

What about using a pair of LGB wheels in the centre axle :think::think::think: they will be smaller diameter to ese over the hump, yet have larger flanges for the occasions where the tread may not hit the rail .......................

I've not seen the full method of mounting the centre axlebox, but .........................
A suggestion I mentioned to my mate referred to earlier.

I even offered him some spare plastic ones I had FoC....

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Greg - and everyone,

I did not mean to ignore your post, but I am a bit green and not technically as smart as you guys

, Piko. Not sure I will be buying any more coaches from you, though.
Do not worry about you being green, were were al like that when we started this Garden Railway malarky, I have been at it since 1973 and am still learning!

As for not geting any more Piko Products, not sure what your theme is but the Bogie Equivalents of these 6 wheelers will be fine if you are into a German/Eastern European look.

Reactions: 1 user

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Do not worry about you being green, were were al like that when we started this Garden Railway malarky, I have been at it since 1973 and am still learning!

As for not geting any more Piko Products, not sure what your theme is but the Bogie Equivalents of these 6 wheelers will be fine if you are into a German/Eastern European look.
The coach looked blue to me :emo::emo::emo:

RH Prague

Central European. the station pub is Czech !!
28 Oct 2009
Prague
Best answers
Country flag
Well, dunnyrail dunnyrail I am not usually lost for words but I am struggling to find the right ones to describe your railway. Magnificent, is probably the best I can do.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Well, dunnyrail dunnyrail I am not usually lost for words but I am struggling to find the right ones to describe your railway. Magnificent, is probably the best I can do.
Many thanks, glad you like it. Changed a little since that Vid as I am kept being reminded when I do the trip via the vid, I must do an updated one at some time. If you are ever in the UK you would be welcome to visit.