Photo of New Accucraft D&RGW K-36

Charles M

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Arvada, Colorado, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I know there are a few D&RGW fans here , so this is for you.
Not my loco, just got an invite to go out and see the first run. Beautiful engine, has green boiler and perfect paintwork.

ce649c3e4ac7463390d671fe57f7a4b4.jpg

Ran perfectly right out of the box Ran for over a hour on one fill of gas, stopping at 10 intervals to pump up the boiler water level. This is a big locomotive. Took 2 of us to put it on the track . The box it is shipped in weighs in at 69 lbs. Going to need a lot of train to make this one work hard.

Charles M

Photo inserted in text by Peter Bunce - moderator.

WeaverC

1:20.3 Live Steam</br>7/8ths scratch building
10 Nov 2009
Lexington, est 1777 in the former Virginia Colony
Best answers
Here is a link to a video I took of a K-36 running at the Cabin Fever Expo in York Pennsylvania last weekend. It is a BIG, heavy locomotive and passing clearances on parallel tracks is critical, as is the location of turnout stands.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=trainav8r#p/u/0/kqZUReQ8KjY

The photo shows the relative sizes of a K-27, K-28 and K-36.

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Very VERY nice would love one :love: But just wouldn't go round my line had enough trouble with my K-27 :happy:

E

Elmtree Line

More high res pics please :D

Charles M

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Arvada, Colorado, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I wish I could put up some more pictures, but the camera batteries had died after this shot. In spite of the sunshine, it was a very cold day . We had to use warmed up water in the boiler to bring this one into steam . If we had tried with just cold water we would never have gotten it to run that day in a resonable length of time. Once it got steam up , it was not problem to make it work. It has a valve to add warm water to the tender bath and keep the butane tank warm. This same water was recycled back into the boiler as feedwater so nothing was lost.

Charles M