beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Good tip Ross...mmmm.....I think ??

Go on get a bottle big enough for the coach...

Now how is this done??

caedaed55b4c415c9f37353fadff1954.jpg

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Dettol, maybe. Nail polish remover. I would be far more careful.

Glengrant

Registered
24 Oct 2009
NE Scotlamd
Best answers
beavercreek said:

Now how is this done??

images
First buy a large bottle of whisky, then remove the stopper. In order to empty the bottle, get a glass and pour some of the wisky into the glass, then drink it, then go to the bathroom, toilet in English, pour another glash of twisky, then oops drink it, then open the window, I dunno why, but now open another glash and pour some of the toilet into the empty glash whish you shoould now drink it down into the glash with the earlier toilet or bashroom now take the glash and the nearly empty bottle go to the toilet oh nearly into th' bashroom and finish the toilet hic then put the engine into the glash or bottle then gotobed hic hic

Glengrant

Registered
24 Oct 2009
NE Scotlamd
Best answers
nico said:
beavercreek said:

Now how is this done??
HE MIGHT KNOW:rofl::rofl::rofl:
images
Yesh Nicooo thash more orleshwot I woshgettin'at

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
ROSS said:
I recently read online that Dettol (HUH?!!) strips plastic models of their paint.
=========================================================
Fill a glass jar 1/3 full of water and 1/3 full of Dettol (the basic stuff you get from the supermarket.)

Immerse object in the liquid and leave it overnight.

The paint on the models should soften into a slimy film which should easily be scrubbed off with an old toothbrush. Most of the paint SHOULD come off in one scrub -- if not - put back in the solution for another soak.

Heat up near boiling water and scrub the models again before dropping them into the water.

This gets rid of 99% of the paint and the models are completely undamaged.

Any greasy residue on the models scrub them again, this time using nail polish remover, being careful to rise the models afterwards, this seems to work.

Things to note:

1. The paint dries again soon after exposure to air.

It forms blobs which stain clothes and skin.
2. Your models will smell strongly of Dettol for a couple of days after. I suspect that undercoating will remove the smell completely.

3 The Dettol also seems to melt glue but not at the same rate as Nitromors or acetone.

NOW.....who will be first:rofl:

Yeah...ok...I will give it a go next week on a coach roof:banghead: Mmmmm...But not in a glass jar ..of course.
Don't use TCP (Tee-Cee-Pee) that will probably dissolve the model and you will NEVER get rid of the smell.:mad::mad::mad:

KeithT

24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Brake fluid has often been recommended.
Not tried it personally.

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
KeithT said:
Brake fluid has often been recommended.
Not tried it personally.
I tried that on a Hornby Princess Elizabeth of about 1980's vinatage. Worked perfectly and the plastic was untouched.

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
I am finding it mildly concerning that brake fluid has the same effect as Detol :'( Perhaps brake fluid could also be the new disinfectant.....:bleh:. Or detol a cheap brake fluid...if the brakes fail and you have an accident ...at least there is a close supply of antibacterial fluid!!

KeithT

24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
beavercreek said:
I am finding it mildly concerning that brake fluid has the same effect as Detol :'( Perhaps brake fluid could also be the new disinfectant.....:bleh:. Or detol a cheap brake fluid...if the brakes fail and you have an accident ...at least there is a close supply of antibacterial fluid!!
A former colleague ran out of brake fluid with his Standard Vanguard descending from The Alps. The only fluid he had to hand was red wine.
He reckoned as it was the same colour it would suffice!!!!
He lived to tell the tale.

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
oven foam cleaner spray......put the plastic parts inside the seal bag and spray the foam..seal it...leave for hours....it will work.....

New Haven Neil 2

Registered
24 May 2011
Isle of Man
Best answers
I have seen Americans recommending Pine-Sol, which I presume is much the same sort of stuff as Dettol.

As for red wine in the brakes, any liquid is incompressible, so can be used as hydraulic fluid. The trouble comes when it boils...at a much lower temperature than oils, which causes then bubbles, which makes the resultant mix compressible - which means NO BRAKES!!! :mad::mad::mad: