NW2 Route Testing

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Hi All,

I am just writing to say that again I am very pleased with my purchase from a forum member! I had a chance to give it a run this morning. The loco was as described and clearly brand new.

I am actually really impressed with quality, solidity and performance. The model is well detailed and solid. There is plenty of weight on board, and the 1.35 gradients and R1 bends were despatched with ease even with 8 bachman bogie wagons, some of which are ballasted, behind her.

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdWMo49P-uM for the test run. I know it is too fast for realism but I was interested in how it would shimmy through the Cogges Snake Bends! The answer is perfectly even on full juice, not that I'll ever do that again.

Is it the first NW2 Express Freight in the world?? :)

Ian

The Devonian

Registered
17 Nov 2009
South Hams
Best answers
Country flag
I have seen pics of yard switchers, such as this loco, pressed into short distance local freight consists usually having only a few assorted cars.

E

Elmtree Line

Ian.

I am glad you are happy with your purchase, i hope she gives you many years of sterling service :D

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
[H3]yes i got the name nw-2 in southern pacific is very good slow smooth running...loves tht details.....[/H3] so i will weathered it to make it look dirty and grimes coz nw-2 alway into yards and industrails area.....wink......yr is rio grande...